Avoid Tequipment.net
Sep 17, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #16 of 22
$725 is awesome? Shows what little I know. I'd have to get creative just to figure out a use for that thing.

Anyway, my Fluke 8800AF seems to handle kelvin leads. Never used it, so I forgot, yet somehow remembered the leads being on my mental list of things I wanted. Back to the topic at hand (and sorry to sidetrack the thread)...

As a matter of principle, I won't use tequipment again. If a company jerks one person around and loses 10 customers, maybe they'll get the message.

Sep 17, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #17 of 22
That (HP) bench meter does everything, including windows! Smoking deal is a relative term, I guess. Saving 40% is pretty nice... but spending $750 on a meter is painful still.

My LCR run maxes out at 100kHz, but shielded cable is probably the wise choice. The cable/clip fixture is about $300, so it's been on hold for some time.
blink.gif
The kelvin socket fixture works well enough for most radial and axial parts.

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #18 of 22
Had two problems with tequipment.net:
- wouldn't refund a botched UPS delivery (UPS returned the money to them), then apparently refunded my credit card but wouldn't tell me. Bad communication...
- they advertise products which they don't have in stock. So you order, they tell you delivery time after two months. Tryed to cancel the order and they try to sell me other stuff trying to convince me how much better is it than the one I ordered...

May 27, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #20 of 22
Although one time I did order from them, they billed me for a Fluke Pressure Meter ($700!); but they were more than happy to take it off. All my other times ordering from them have been relatively good. I just ask if it's in stock first. I've ordered a B+K 9130 PSU, an assortment of test probes, and a Fluke 8845A multimeter. All have been shipped quickly and in great shape.

~Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back