average listening periods...
Mar 30, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #62 of 84
About 2-3 hrs a day on my headphone rig. I probably here another 3-5hrs a day in my truck every day.

Mar 30, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #63 of 84
Depends on the day. Weekdays when I have class, usually 5-6 hours. Days when I have no class, closer to 8-10. 2-3 of those on any given day is dedicated to focused listening sessions where I put an album (or two or three) in the queue and listen straight through while doing minimal activity otherwise (half-reading through a long thread or something). The rest is with Foobar turned on Random and most of my attention turned to other things.

It amazes me that people can spend $5000 on a high-end headphone setup and only listen through one album a night. I do understand that they dedicate that hour to listening and nothing else, and that's where most of the high-fidelity charm is. But that's expensive entertainment!

Mar 30, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #64 of 84
Spend 9-10 hours a day with the Koss at work, and study music/movies at night takes up another 3-4 hours at night with the 900s.

Apr 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #66 of 84
Lately it's been about 4 hours a day. Around one when I'm at school and around 3 for the rest of the day when I'm home. I just can't keep my phones out of my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #68 of 84
Between 0 and 3 albums every day.

Quality, not quantity.

I generally listen to 1 or 2 albums.

Now, I know for a fact that some members here are listening to music above 85dB

4r46sj.gif

These are recommended maximum WEEKLY exposures. If you are to trust the graph, then many people here are doing damage to their ears, particularly when you take into account noise exposure on the road, for example.

If you are listening 7+ hours a day like I used to, I really fear for your health.

Apr 2, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #69 of 84
Marching Band. screw the trumpets.

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #72 of 84
I usually don't have much time to listen to music at home due to other family commitments but I can get 1 or 2 hours of music listening at work some days and somedays without any time at all.

My office rig is very enjoyable to listen, certainly not high-end but still very nice.

Apr 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #73 of 84
2 to 6 hours per day depending on what I'm up to. At home listening has been curtailed this week by the purchase of a Tivoli radio. I can actually get the not so local jazz station (BGO) on the internal antenna so that's what I've been listening to while on-line.

May 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #74 of 84

Quote:
10-12 hours a day, sheesh, that is some serious time! If you don't mind my asking, what do you do? As a job that is? If you don't desire to delve into it here I understand, this is a place where many go to get away from things like work. I am just curious the diffirent genres of job place that allow full-size cans on their workers. I currently work at a job where headphones of any kind are right out.
eek.gif

I'm sure desk jobs, office jobs, and jobs where you work at home from the computer are perfect for sitting back with your headphones and getting lost in the music :) I would kill to have a nice job like that someday; I think I need to go to college first lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back