average listening periods...
Jun 21, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #31 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
10-12 hours a day, sheesh, that is some serious time! If you don't mind my asking, what do you do? As a job that is? If you don't desire to delve into it here I understand, this is a place where many go to get away from things like work. I am just curious the diffirent genres of job place that allow full-size cans on their workers. I currently work at a job where headphones of any kind are right out.
eek.gif

I'm a CAD Team Leader for a consulting engineers. I often get a bunch of stuff to do that allows me to just sit and get on with it with my feet tapping and my 280's rocking... In our office it's mandated that if you want to listen to music "headphones MUST be worn so as to not disturb others"... we have an assortment of cans here: SR60's, HD280's, PX100's, and an engineer who brings his RS1's everyday.

Jun 21, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #32 of 84
Quote:

10-12 hours a day, sheesh, that is some serious time! If you don't mind my asking, what do you do? As a job that is? If you don't desire to delve into it here I understand, this is a place where many go to get away from things like work. I am just curious the diffirent genres of job place that allow full-size cans on their workers. I currently work at a job where headphones of any kind are right out.
eek.gif

....and I tend to watch TV late at night with my 555's - my reciever has trouble driving anything else... so my work day consists of maybe 6 - 7 hours with cans on, and I usually do a 12 hour day...

Oct 10, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #33 of 84
Quote:

How did the MS Pro damage the cartilage in your ears? Do they clamp that hard against your head that they break your ears?
confused.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

cartilage on the ears not in the ears ..:) the MSpros used to press down on a particular part of the ear when I used them, 10-12 hour sessions started causing pain, it would usually go away until one day it wouldn't , went to the doc and he said it will go away, didn't so went and saw and audiologist who said that it was possibly stressed cartilage damage, i should stop using them immeidately and prescribed a few ointments and tabs. fixed itself eventually, but boy was it painful.

Oct 10, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #34 of 84
- 2-4 hours at work at low-moderate volume: Computer->Aria->Sony MDR-CD1700

- 1-2 hours before going to bed: Kern Modded 777ES ->SDS->ATH-L3000 or W2002

Lately I listen less and less on my main rig as I've been excercising. So most of my listening are done at work.

Quote:

I'm a CAD Team Leader for a consulting engineers. I often get a bunch of stuff to do that allows me to just sit and get on with it with my feet tapping and my 280's rocking... In our office it's mandated that if you want to listen to music "headphones MUST be worn so as to not disturb others"... we have an assortment of cans here: SR60's, HD280's, PX100's, and an engineer who brings his RS1's everyday.

I also bring my W2002 to use in my office on Friday too.

Oct 10, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #36 of 84
When I have to learn: 1hour max per day aktive listening (nothing else doing) and the rest of the time very quiet backroundmusic.

When I have time: 3-5hours aktive listening per day (and the rest backroundmusic - can't live without it).

Oct 10, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #37 of 84
I probably average about 3 hours a day, but it's highly variable.. some days I'll do 12 hour marathons, some weeks I won't listen at all. I usually try to give my ears a break if they feel worn out.

The worst was this summer when I had a light schedule for 2 months - I went on an ultra music producing marathon and probably spent about 12-15 hours a day with my headphones / studio monitors (depending on whether my girlfriend was sleeping at the time). In retrospect it wasn't very smart, but it was sure fun.

Oct 10, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #38 of 84
I try and get at least an hour a day..usually twice that, and longer on the weekends (if I can help it)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #40 of 84
I keep my main setup at work and listen all doing the day when I'm not in a meeting, etc. So I'd say I average about 6-7 hours per workday.

At home, I can do very little headphone listening. The birds just won't allow it.
blink.gif
I can listen a little to a portable setup when going to bed. But I rarely stay awake long so it's a short listen.

Oct 10, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #42 of 84
About 20 hours a day, when I don't see anyone! I have music on, either through speakers on my computer or on my iPod all the time, unless I'm in class. Even when I'm sleeping, my laptop stays on to play my tunes
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #44 of 84
about 5-6 hours every weekdays and approximately 10 hours every weekends. My School and life sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back