Avalanche City - Acoustic band, really enjoyable, and the album is free to download
Dec 20, 2010 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

LizardKing1

Headphoneus Supremus
So here I am at 4am, losing my sleep, and why? To be the first (?) to post here about Avalanche City. It's this really recent band, they only have 1 album so far. In their own words, "Avalanche City is about sunshine, ice creams and accordions, adventures and road trips and sailing away to discover foreign lands". They are kind of roadtrip music, laidback. Remind me of Beirut in a way. The album is unfortunately only in 128Kb/s, but hopefully a 320 or FLAC version will come out =D and without further ado, I bring to you:

http://www.avalanchecity.com/

Enjoy like I do ^^

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 27
nice find! I'm downloading it now and I cant wait to give it a hear!

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 27
just finished listening to the album and I have to say that it was very good! It reminds me a lot of the Fleet Foxes album. Some of the songs toward the middle were a bit boring though.

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 27
When I downloaded the album, it was 224kbps. It sounds pretty good, just a tinsy bit weak in the bass region. Really liking the music though! Thanks for the heads up about this stuff.

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #6 of 27
Finished the album late last night. Overall I really like the feel of it, and Dave's voice is very soothing. However, I did find it to be a little monotonous if listened through all at once. The late hour of the night might have contributed to this, or my little exposure to this style of music, but nevertheless it was a good listen. Thanks again for finding this!

EDIT: Also The Streets is my favorite track on the album.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #7 of 27
WIN!  Thank you so much for the heads up.  Just my style.  Currently listening to Drive On, cannot wait to hear the rest.  I cannot wait for their next release.

P.S. I wouldn't mind buying this in FLAC.

P.P.S.  My personal favorites are Drive On, The Street, The Silence, and Love Love Love. [In order of most favorite first].

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #8 of 27
Wow thanks, I thought everyone here was just going to tell me to stop posting stupid stuff =D

The Streets is also one of my favorites, although Love Don't Leave, even though it's really mellow, warms me up, especially if you know the lyrics.

Thanks for the replies, share if you think someone else would like it

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #9 of 27

Quote:
Wow thanks, I thought everyone here was just going to tell me to stop posting stupid stuff =D

The Streets is also one of my favorites, although Love Don't Leave, even though it's really mellow, warms me up, especially if you know the lyrics.

Thanks for the replies, share if you think someone else would like it

Nah man, people here would never dig on you for your taste in music. Also, this most definitely isn't stupid. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #10 of 27
I'm posting to bump this up! More people need to hear this stuff. It's so uplifting! 

Dec 24, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #13 of 27
Well I'm glad I could help with your "10 reply or more" goal 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back