availability of hornets
Apr 25, 2007 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

antiman

Head-Fier
so three weeks ago i received an email from mr ray samuels saying there would be 200 of his hornets by weeks end and did i want one...i replied yes! since i was on vacation and had no secure internet connection i waited to paypal him the dough and did it first thing last week. since the shipping is 2 or 3 business days according to his site, i naturally assumed the thing would be here by now. so many of you guys have raved about his customer service, but i have emailed with questions before and only received very curt replies that most of the time don't answer the question asked.my last email several days ago was asking whether or not i was going to receive a shipping number or just wait to get the package itself, and this has gone unanswered... now i am not challenging his integrity, too many folks have raved about him for that, and i do realise he's a small company, and small companies usually don't have the manpower to take care of things very fast, so i'm willing to cut some slack, but should i not expect the thing to show up in 2 or 3 days when the shipping says so? has anyone else had this experience?
again... i am NOT trying to ruffle any feathers and hope i have worded this appropriately.

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 22
When I mailed a few weeks ago I was told they'd have 200 Hornets shortly too. Seems like they are in demand. I have to say Ray was very polite when I mailed him asking about them recently. Judging by other peoples threads he is a very decent guy. In fact, I found one guy who received his before Ray had even cashed the cheque! I'm sure yours is on it's way

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 22
I talked to Ray last Wednesday. He went to San Jose for last weekend's HeadFest Meet and he told me he did not expect to return until the later part of this week. He told me he would be spending a little extra time in California with his wife. He also told me he could ship me a Hornet or Tomahawk at the end of April when he returns for his vacation. Last week he was very busy getting ready for the National Meet so he may be behind shipping product out. I'm sure that when he returns (probably this weekend), he will ship your amp right away.

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 22
i paid for mine on 04/09/07. no worries. it will come. i trust mr samuels. last i heard they should be shipping at the end of this month. so i expect to receive mine sometime in may (hopefully early may). no big deal. i got nothin but time. i'll just keep burning in my microtube until then. it will be well worth the wait!

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 22
There's a recent message on a thread somewhere from Mr. Samuels that states that there will be 200 Hornets by the end of the month (as corroborated by Mr. Legbone). I'm waiting for one myself, and I trust Mr. Samuels based on the accolades he has received on this board. I'm just generally impatient, so that part kind of sucks. Distance makes the heart grow fonder I guess? Bleh.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by antiman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so three weeks ago i received an email from mr ray samuels saying there would be 200 of his hornets by weeks end and did i want one...i replied yes! since i was on vacation and had no secure internet connection i waited to paypal him the dough and did it first thing last week. since the shipping is 2 or 3 business days according to his site, i naturally assumed the thing would be here by now. so many of you guys have raved about his customer service, but i have emailed with questions before and only received very curt replies that most of the time don't answer the question asked.my last email several days ago was asking whether or not i was going to receive a shipping number or just wait to get the package itself, and this has gone unanswered... now i am not challenging his integrity, too many folks have raved about him for that, and i do realise he's a small company, and small companies usually don't have the manpower to take care of things very fast, so i'm willing to cut some slack, but should i not expect the thing to show up in 2 or 3 days when the shipping says so? has anyone else had this experience?
again... i am NOT trying to ruffle any feathers and hope i have worded this appropriately.

My plane landed an hour ago, Just made it home. I was at the National meet. My wife & i spend 2 extra days to relax & do some site seeing.
Sorry to have dissapopinted you, I just did not recieve the Hornets on the 10th as I was promissed, so a little patiance will go a long way my friend, They are promised at the end of the month. But if I did dissapoint you in any way I apologize & will be happy to refund your money.
Ray Samuels

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 22
Do you take Paypal Mr Samuels ? And...... do you think the Hornet would
improve my Beyer DT250-80's any ?

I love the bass on my new cans,but want more (I listen to primarily old school rap and hip hop,and a little soul/gospel)

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by antiman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You might want to cut him some slack this time. He was at the International meet with a whole array of amps. There must have been a lot of preparation for that. I've called him and left a message inquiring about a fairly expensive amp, but no return call yet. He migh stil be traveling back from California, or maybe a few days off. The International meet was intense for me, and he must have it 10X worse. So R&R is likely in order.

The Hornet is worth a little wait.

PS I have no connection with Ray other than being a satisfied Hornet customer.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My plane landed an hour ago, Just made it home. I was at the National meet. My wife & i spend 2 extra days to relax & do some site seeing.
Sorry to have dissapopinted you, I just did not recieve the Hornets on the 10th as I was promissed, so a little patiance will go a long way my friend, They are promised at the end of the month. But if I did dissapoint you in any way I apologize & will be happy to refund your money.
Ray Samuels

So how was California? I was raised there from the south to the norther over the years and love it. We just passed through the northern section on the way to Oregon, where I will be for a few months.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've called him and left a message inquiring about a fairly expensive amp, but no return call yet. He migh stil be traveling back from California, or maybe a few days off.

HELLOOOO
icon10.gif
-read reply #6

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #11 of 22
E-mail?!!??? Why e-mail Ray when you can speak to him personally over the phone? I've called RSA Audio 3 times and each time Ray has politely and enthusiastically answered any and all questions I might have.

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #12 of 22
Man, Just two extra days of decompression. I wouldn't have been as nice as Ray. With my family I would have chopped heads coming home to a hornets nest of sorts.

May 2, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #14 of 22
I've been waiting for a Hornet (see my "I hate to wait" thread), but I'm in no way blaming Ray. He's got deliveries that were promised him on a certain date that didn't show. He has explained that in this forum repeatedly.

He has always answered my emails, albeit a couple of days after I've sent them. He has always been polite, though of few written words. As written above, if you have doubts, call him on the phone. Until you've called, you shouldn't be complaining about email.

I'm willing to make some concessions to get the best gear. Every delay has been explained politely on this board. If you want a reality check, go read about Xin's customer service.

GAD

May 2, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #15 of 22
Rather than Xin or Ray try Dell Computers. They are a big company with plenty of people to answer the tele but try and get through after you buy their products. I bought a computer with a lifetime support and it ran out . ? Then when for some odd reason of mine I was going to order a Dell for my mother I got horrible help. There is no reason for any business large or small not to give the full compliment of service to go with a product but when it is a one or two person company sometimes we have to cut them a little more slack. What is the excuse of corporations with millions from our contributions to their products?

Try the phone try email. Teles aren't that expensive these days and from what I have read Ray is great at picking up the phone. With all the spam and multitude of other garbage email it is easy to see why it can take longer to get a response to email. Ok, I am done. :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back