Availability of Chinese Amps in thailand?
Nov 16, 2006 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

santiu

Head-Fier
Anybody here from thailand?

I'm going back to visit some family soon (bangkok), and I'm wondering if it's possible to find any interesting tube amps or other headphone related equipment over there for a good price. And if so, where are good places to look.

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 4
http://www.norh.com/ is a thai brand that sells speakers and amps and cables

there is definitely some chinese gear sold in thailand.. i'll try track it down for you and i'll post up again if i can find it!

Nov 18, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 4
Headphone equipment is not so populare here. There're very fews shop selling phone and equipment. However, one of head-fi member "munkong" has his own shop selling many things. You can go check www.munkonggadget.com. Some have good price but overall usa is cheaper.

For tube headphone amp, I never see any in Bangkok but we are closer to China than Europe and America. So shipping cost from China or Hongkong is more friendly.

Actually we have two headphone amps designed and made by our own.
First is "The PIG", you'll see in the munkonggadget and the other is "Kotch", www.mykotch.com. These two are only commercial products I know.

The first amp is well matched with low-impedance phone like Koss and Grado. It's quite popular because many guys here own Koss Ksc35 and Alessandro MS-1.
The latter one is designed with anti-equalization concept, patent right. I don't know much in details but the main purpose of this concept is to most uncolor the amp and show actual characteristic of headphone. I've already heard it and very surprised that it can drive my K340 with juicy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back