av710 still the best cheap spdif?
Feb 26, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #17 of 23
The Live! 24bit does have a 44.1Khz SPDIF Output option.Why would creative put that mode in if its fake ?
Perhaps the 44.1Khz clock is generated by the DSP ?

Feb 26, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #18 of 23
I'm in the same situation. AV-710 >> DAC AH (soon).

Can someone please advise. I'm a little confused.

I'm using foobar w/kernal streaming. When I open the VIA Vinyl Control Panel the option for digital out IS checked in "hi sample rate 2 channel", but it's also ghosted out and no options are selectable, and it reads, "Digital Out currently not selected"? Upon hooking up a DAC do I simply select "2 channel" and select digital out (options are selectable here) since I will no longer need the DAC in the AV-710? What will this do to kernal streaming. I was under the impression KS would only work with "hi sample rate 2 channel"? Or do I just plug it all up with "hi sample rate 2 channel" selected and that bypasses the AV-710's DAC when using the optical out as well?

Driver is 5.12

Thanks,
Sam

Feb 26, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #19 of 23
I just found the paragraph below in the AV-710 set up guide if it helps but I'm still confused.

Uzziah, this guide may help you out if you have not already found it.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...eaming+digital

"Enable the digital out by checking the "Enable Digital Output" option then check "Enable High - Sample Rate(96KHz)". [NOTE: If you're only using this card for digital output then you should leave the High Sample Rate mode OFF.] In the high sample rate mode all sounds will be sent to the high quality stereo-only 24/96 Wolfson DAC which outputs on the channel 7/8 port (the one right above the optical out) so all WaveOut and DirectSound sounds will be resampled to 24/96 and all Kernel Streaming, and ASIO sounds must use stereo 24/96. Set the Master Volume to maximum for the best sound quality."

So I guess KS works in "2 channel"?

Sam

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
I just found the paragraph below in the AV-710 set up guide if it helps but I'm still confused.

Uzziah, this guide may help you out if you have not already found it.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...eaming+digital

"Enable the digital out by checking the "Enable Digital Output" option then check "Enable High - Sample Rate(96KHz)". [NOTE: If you're only using this card for digital output then you should leave the High Sample Rate mode OFF.] In the high sample rate mode all sounds will be sent to the high quality stereo-only 24/96 Wolfson DAC which outputs on the channel 7/8 port (the one right above the optical out) so all WaveOut and DirectSound sounds will be resampled to 24/96 and all Kernel Streaming, and ASIO sounds must use stereo 24/96. Set the Master Volume to maximum for the best sound quality."

So I guess KS works in "2 channel"?

Sam

From what I understand KS works in any mode. If you are only using digital output, KS will send the signal directly to the soundcard bypassing kmixer then the soundcard will output it in whatever format you selected, in this case digital out.

Don't worry about the hi res output if you are connecting it another DAC digitally. Just make sure your digital out is on and you should be fine. I have mine set up like that although using Prodigy drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back