AV710 just installed :)
Jan 26, 2005 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lumanogin

500+ Head-Fier
Well I got home today and saw a box from Strider. my AV710 is here. opened. installed the card in my pc. on pc, installed software, restarted. plugged my cheap sony vr150's in the last empty hole on the card. my desktop speakers still in my audigy. set up the software just like mr radar's guide said to. set up foobar. testing my first song right now. it's incredible. i can't describe it, but it's definitely different from my a2 at playing music. if i'm hearing this much improvement over the card with my poop headphones, i can't imagine what it'll sound like when my a900s comes tomorrow
eggosmile.gif

this card pushes my vr150's to its limit. i can hear crackling at high pitchy piano parts. tested it with my speakers instead and yea sounded amazing.

Jan 27, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 6
If you think it sounded good with your Sony V150's you'll crap your pants when you hear your A900s. Also, I know you (and your wallet) don't want to hear this but I reccomend getting an amp because the AV-710 isn't designed to drive headphones directly, and so it's sound quality is severely handicapped when you're using it unamped with headphones.

Jan 27, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 6
lumanogin, I am with you man. I recently picked up one. I was pretty skeptical but figured, it was only 25 bucks so what if it doesn't make a difference. But it sure does.

As for the amp, the Go-Vibe made a big difference as I am sure any mint/CMOY amp would. But I remember when my AKG501s arrived ahead of the amp and they still sounded better than an old pair of MDR-600s. Its a relative.
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
If you think it sounded good with your Sony V150's you'll crap your pants when you hear your A900s. Also, I know you (and your wallet) don't want to hear this but I reccomend getting an amp because the AV-710 isn't designed to drive headphones directly, and so it's sound quality is severely handicapped when you're using it unamped with headphones.

yea i've seen a lot of people saying i'd need an amp. that's why i went ahead and ordered a cmoy. can't hurt, only help, and it's cheap enough. wallet is crying though, but hopefully it'll all be worth it.
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin
yea i've seen a lot of people saying i'd need an amp. that's why i went ahead and ordered a cmoy. can't hurt, only help, and it's cheap enough. wallet is crying though, but hopefully it'll all be worth it.
biggrin.gif

haha you have taken your first step into the world of Head-Fi. enjoy while you still can before this hobby takes over your wallet..er...life
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 6
I have the 710 -> MINT -> A900's and I love it, even for gaming its a joy! one of the best $25 I spent
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back