AV710...Foobar.. wheres my equalizer?
Aug 9, 2004 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Escape Your Mind

New Head-Fier
Ok.. so I just got my AV710, installed and tweaked it based upon MrRadar's wonderful guide, and it sounds great! However theres one thing that im missing from my nf2 soundstorm. It had a great little equalizer on it so I could tweak the sound the way i wanted.. little less treble to take some tinny out of it, and a little extra bass, however since ive upgraded I dont have that anywhere, not from the 1.43 drivers on the Envy stuff, nor on foobar. Is there anything out there that maybe I overlooked that will let me get my equalizer back to tweak the sound?

Aug 9, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 5
Look in Foobar's DSP manager and put Equalizer on the list. Then use the Equalizer controls. Do not set any of the sliders above 0 because you run the risk of clipping if you do (I can't understand why it's even possible to set it over 0). Instead, adjust the sliders like you normally do and press auto level.

Aug 9, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Ahhh I'm an idiot, thanks! Everyone is so helpful.

One last question I remeber someone saying that with winamps equalizer it was not that because because of something with it only being 16bit or something. Am i going to run into that problem using foobar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back