av710 7/8 anemic sound???
Nov 4, 2004 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eitook

100+ Head-Fier
Greets to all,
after reading/researching on the best cost effective source upgrade, i purchased an av710, then set it up according to mr radar's guide. What surprises me, is that when I plugged my sr-80 directly into output 7/8 , the volume was very anemic compared to the audigy 1's output. Is this perfectly normal?? Jumpers 3 and 4 were set to defaults :-

3 2 1
JMP3 |||
XX
JMP4 |||
XX
where, X is the location of the jumpers. Does this mean it is now set to 1,2 (line out)?
i tried putting it to 2,3 for both, and the output is still very anemic from port7/8. btw, digital output as well as high sample rate was enabled in vinyl envy audio (v 143d).

All in all, the av710's digital output creams the audigy's digital output.(i A/B-ed the SQ difference by connecting the av710's optical out to my z-680 and a digital coaxial connection from the audigy to the z680) Cleaner sounds are evident, and the murkiness of the audigy is gone!! woot woot....
Now i need more money for a REGA : EAR and a hd580
600smile.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 2
the jumpers doesn't affect 7/8 out, just 1/2.. Grados are low impedance cans and the 7/8 output is driven directly from the DAC, it simply can't provide the current Grados need.. in fact you shouldn't plug any headphones there, amplifier is a must..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back