AV710 5.1 > TOSLINK > Home Amp - L and R only test
Feb 16, 2007 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Joshatdot

Headphoneus Supremus
I got my AV-710 from UPS today. Took out my SB Live! 5.1 (SB0100), and installed my AV710. Rebooted in Safemode to uninstall drivers related to my SB. Rebooted Normally, New HW found, Cancel, Went to Via Arena's site and got Envy24_Family_Drivers_V500b and installed them, rebooted after setup.

I only have the TOSLINK hooked up to my Toshiba SD-6109C Integrated DVD Receiver. I have my Amp set to Video 1, PCM Digital, Dolby Pro Logic.

I set the Audio Deck to 5.1 and S/PDIF Out Enable, AC3 or PCM Auto Select (48kHz). I press Test to check it all Okee-Dokee. Front Left and Front Right only play the test sample, Center, Rear Left, Rear Right, Sub do not play.

But when I play Foobar - DS: Envy24 Family Audio (WDM), all 5.1 speakers work. Is Foobar communicating with my Amp correctly, and the Audio Deck Speaker Test is not?

Also, how do I setup ASIO with Foobar? It says there are No ASIO Drivers Found.

Feb 16, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 9
I played a DVD movie, and 5.1 is working.

Do I need ASIO4ALL for my AV710?

Feb 20, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 9
=\ ok. I thought the AV710 would have native ASIO support

Feb 20, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
=\ ok. I thought the AV710 would have native ASIO support

For setting up ASIO with foobar you can click the link in my sig. I am not sure whether the AV710 does support ASIO natively. I'll look that up right now.

Edit: I checked it. The AV710 does not have native ASIO support. I can recommend ASIO4All since it's quite easy to set up

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 9
i'm not sure what you're trying to do with the AV-710, but if you're using it as a transport, i highly recommend flashing it to a Prodigy7.1

the prodigy drivers are superior to the via envy drivers (to put it shortly, you do not need to choose between output formats, it does it automatically)

Feb 21, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowVlican /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm not sure what you're trying to do with the AV-710, but if you're using it as a transport, i highly recommend flashing it to a Prodigy7.1

the prodigy drivers are superior to the via envy drivers (to put it shortly, you do not need to choose between output formats, it does it automatically)

Right now I have the Envy24 Drivers in 5.1 > TOSLINK > Toshiba SD-6109C Receiver > Sony MDR-7506 or > Yamaha 5.1 Speakers

Foobar2000 v0.9.4.2 > DS: Envy24 Family Audio (WDM)

Would ASIO4ALL be the same as the Prodigy 7.1 Flash?

Feb 21, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 9
then let me tell you your situation:

1) you are not getting bitperfect from foobar
2) you will not get true surround sound from your receiver unless you are playing back audio that is already DD/DTS encoded (ie: movies)

you do not need the dumb ASIO4ALL for prodigy drivers, it has native ASIO support

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #9 of 9
I am going to try the Prodigy Flash. I think I got the correct utilities, eeprw, but not the Drivers yet. Google time
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back