AV40 Owners: M-Audio Av40 Overheating?
Oct 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Audioenthused

Head-Fier
Good day Hifiers
I am new to both this site and audio on a whole, I thought I new what music was suppose to sound like until I listen to my friends AV40s heard instruments in a song that I have never heard before or I just heard it them much clearer I thought they were suppose to be as low as I had heard them.   So he acquired some BX5 and he is willing to sell me his AV40s on a deal but I have been reading reviews that the AV40s do run hot a reviewer even stated that they don't even use them that much and when they do they do run very hot, one or other two have complained about them even burning up.

Note I live in the Caribbean so it can get warm to hot here and I have no AC in my room and even my friend who owns them says his small studio he does get warm even with the AC on. 

Because they are just built like that, I know a video card can run very hot to the point of you not being able to touch it with your bare hands and its still find but I have no knowledge of that when it comes to audio equipment.

So my question is are these prone to over heating to a point of destruction or even though they do run hot I shouldn't pay it any mind because they are built like that?   I know a video card can run very hot to the point of you not being able to touch it with your bare hands and its still find but I have no knowledge of that when it comes to audio equipment.

Also what type of speakers are the AV40 what are they categorized as and which other speakers fall in the price range of the AV40? Whenever I try to compare them I keep getting the Audioengine A2 and A5 which seem to be much more expensive than the AV 40.

Apr 6, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 2
Good day Hifiers
I am new to both this site and audio on a whole, I thought I new what music was suppose to sound like until I listen to my friends AV40s heard instruments in a song that I have never heard before or I just heard it them much clearer I thought they were suppose to be as low as I had heard them. So he acquired some BX5 and he is willing to sell me his AV40s on a deal but I have been reading reviews that the AV40s do run hot a reviewer even stated that they don't even use them that much and when they do they do run very hot, one or other two have complained about them even burning up.

Note I live in the Caribbean so it can get warm to hot here and I have no AC in my room and even my friend who owns them says his small studio he does get warm even with the AC on.

Because they are just built like that, I know a video card can run very hot to the point of you not being able to touch it with your bare hands and its still find but I have no knowledge of that when it comes to audio equipment.

So my question is are these prone to over heating to a point of destruction or even though they do run hot I shouldn't pay it any mind because they are built like that? I know a video card can run very hot to the point of you not being able to touch it with your bare hands and its still find but I have no knowledge of that when it comes to audio equipment.

Also what type of speakers are the AV40 what are they categorized as and which other speakers fall in the price range of the AV40? Whenever I try to compare them I keep getting the Audioengine A2 and A5 which seem to be much more expensive than the AV 40.
mine gets hot too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back