AV123 X-LS + Panny xr57 connection
Aug 23, 2007 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Amurai

New Head-Fier
What's the best reasonably-priced method of connection between these speakers and the receiver? I've done a little research into it but haven't come up with anything substantial. Plus, we all know head-fi is the place to go to for this kind of thing.

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 6
Cmon head-fi I'm sure somebody out there knows.

I'll just add more to my question now so I don't need to post another thread later.

My rig is going to be ipod 4g>panny sa-xr57>av123 x-ls.

So types of interconnects and recommended brands would be great since I don't have any clue what I need now.

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 6
BlueJeansCable.com. Quality cables, no BS marked-up pricing, fast shipping... You can't lose.

I'm using their speaker cables for my XR57 to Monitor Audio B2s, and their digital coax for Emu 0404 to XR57.

Of course there are plenty of other options out there for pricier cables if BJCs don't fit your aesthetics.

Aug 25, 2007 at 9:08 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewpy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BlueJeansCable.com. Quality cables, no BS marked-up pricing, fast shipping... You can't lose.

x2. Get some Belden 10 AWG or 12 AWG and call it a day. If your speakers have four binding posts each, you could try the XR57's bi-amplification capability. In that case, you'll need two runs of cable per speaker, or you could buy two runs of the Canare 4S11, which has four cables (two +, two -) per bundle.

Otherwise, two runs of either Belden will be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back