av123 sale
Sep 28, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 7
It's still a good deal. They are used a lot for home theater I know, but they still supposedly have good sound quality for listening applications. I'll finally get to hear some of the X-Series in a few weeks, but it will be too late by then I'm sure. I wouldn't be concerned as to whether the sound will be up to par though, I'm still considering selling my DX4s and getting a pair of X-LS to replace, and I will be getting the X-sub to compliment whatever monitors I end up with.

Sep 28, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 7
i only briefly heard the X series bookshelves at a friend of a friend's. they look fantastic, and sound ok, a bit on the warm side with flabby bass, but hey... what can you expect for a pair of c-notes?

Sep 28, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 7
I've heard the x-ls before. The veneer is stunning on it and they sound very good for their price range (i think it's like $220 a pair).

A lot of bass for a book shelf. The treble sounded a little tamed but worked nicely for their warm sound sig.

Also soundstage isn't very deep.

Although, if I had a receiver I wouldn't hesitate spending $220 getting the x-ls for my computer.

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard the x-ls before. The veneer is stunning on it and they sound very good for their price range (i think it's like $220 a pair).

A lot of bass for a book shelf. The treble sounded a little tamed but worked nicely for their warm sound sig.

Also soundstage isn't very deep.

Although, if I had a receiver I wouldn't hesitate spending $220 getting the x-ls for my computer.

yep, spot on.

Sep 29, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #7 of 7
I have a pair of X-LS's for my computer setup and love them. That deal on the Rockets is a very good one, a friend of mine has the 760's and they are very impressive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back