AV Receiver to make Quad 22L2 / 21L2 shine
Apr 6, 2008 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kojebee

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my receiver.

My current system is Marantz SR-4600 / Oppo DV977KR / Quad 12L2, with Quad 22L2 arriving tomorrow.

The Marantz receiver has served me well. No complaints reaaly. I'd highly recommend it for budget receiver seekers. I bought it as a cheap temporary solution.
But, now I'd like to upgrade the receiver, while adding a few more connection options for future compatibility, and more importantly, better SQ to make my Quads to really shine.

I'm no expert on Home Theatre systems. But a receiver is required as it will connect to my PC too on occasions. I watch movies 25% of the time, and music 75% of the time. So, SQ is important to me.

Can anybody recommend a receiver upto $1500 approximately, which will keep me happy for a few years.

DVD suggestions would be welcome too. That'll be something to consider later in the year.

I'm in Korea, so some receivers such as Outlaw(?) are unavailable here.

Thanks.

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 2
I've been impressed with the panasonic digital receivers with digital sources. If you have analog sources, then I just don't know. You'll probably get suggestions for adcom, nad, and the like. I have not heard the quad boxes, but they look mighty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back