AV Receiver Bluetooth Question
Oct 10, 2022 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

slowpickr

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello. This isn’t a HP question but Headfiers are quite knowledgeable so I’m throwing this out. Currently using a Denon AVR-788 (circa 2009) in a 5.2 setup for living room music and games. Music source is primarily a smartphone (Spotify) with Bluetooth to an HDTV with an optical cable out to the receiver. Would it be an upgrade to buy a modern receiver with Bluetooth on board to handle the audio directly rather than going through the tv? Costco is having a sale on a decent Onkyo receiver.

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 4
imo, if you want an upgrade look for something with a network port and chromecast/airplay 2 capability so you can forget about bluetooth. Its good for mobile/portable use but at home you should adopt a network based approach, preferably wired to your source over wifi.

Oct 10, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 4
imo, if you want an upgrade look for something with a network port and chromecast/airplay 2 capability so you can forget about bluetooth. Its good for mobile/portable use but at home you should adopt a network based approach, preferably wired to your source over wifi.
Thanks. What if I ran Spotify as an app on my TV? That would cut out the Bluetooth.

Oct 11, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks. What if I ran Spotify as an app on my TV? That would cut out the Bluetooth.
assuming that your TV is also connected to the network and that you can use spotify connect, yes, that would essentially come down to the same ast cast/airplay solution, except that your tv needs to be on for music and you can't play music and watch TV at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back