AV Question
Nov 28, 2008 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

malldian

Headphoneus Supremus
So I have a projector and am trying to get cable from the wall into it. I have two old home theater receivers, how do i get from the cable to the amp?

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm lost cable from the wall into it? What cable? Power, video, audio? You say receiver but also old, do they channel the video through component, hdmi, etc.

I am guess you are wondering how to get some kind of cable from one side of the room to the other. But we need more info. Is it a house? Do you own it? Room size? What kind of construction, etc?

Help us out and we can help you.

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Like cable TV cable. Component in the back. I will give the situation.

There is a cable tv outlet in the wall and I am trying to get that to go into the receiver, so it can go to the projector.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 5
It sounds like you have coax cable at your wall jack. This should be connected to a cable box/satellite receiver. This cable box/satellite receiver will output component video that will connect directly to your projector or you can pass it through your A/V receiver if you feel the need.

Hopefully that helps. If not, a clearer question, with complete sentences, will help us to understand your problem.

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 5
That is indeed what I need. Is there a generic cable box that I could use or do I need something particular to the cable company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back