AV-710 Microphone Help
Sep 9, 2006 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mucknuggle

New Head-Fier
I installed the AV-710 according to the Graphical Guide in these forums, but I can't get it to recognize my microphone when I plug it into the Mic In port on the sound card. It used to work fine before when I was using my motherboard sound card. Can I get some help?

Sep 9, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #3 of 4
Actually, the static was because the C Media Mixer driver was accidentally installed by Windows XP. I tried to remove it, but I encountered an error during the uninstall. If I test the microphone in the control panel, I am able to hear myself, but he can't hear me over Trillian's AIM network.

I'm now getting a RUNDLL error when I reboot that says that there is an Error Loading cmicnfg.cpl - The specified module could not be found.

EDIT:

I'm fixing the C Media audio problem, but now I'm back to massive static on the other end.

Sep 9, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 4
i only have my own story to tell. as far as know, running hi-sampling mode on envy audio deck, all recordings are disable, so i can't even use the microphone.

but if i run 2 channel mode, the microphone does work. there is a trick that allows you to get sound out of the wolfson dac without running hi-sampling mode. and the microphone still work in this manner. only the microphone sound will only come out of the green jack, not the black (7&8) jack. but it still go through for the other side.

i dont know about your case though. but with a lot of drivers overlapping, i would uninstall everything and reinstall again. especially the c-media. the software 'driver cleaner pro' allows you to completely remove all envy24 driver files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back