AV-710 + Go-Vibe 5S or Total Bithead for HD595?
Dec 30, 2006 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Razoramus

100+ Head-Fier
I've searched and read threads on these amps but can't choose between these two combos. I already have the AV-710 and love it with my powered speakers as opposed to my Audigy2. When I tried the HD595s with my AV-710 the quality was none too good although it could still reach high volumes, power was obviously lacking; but a bigger concern was that it lacked detail and I thought it sounded too "fast" to enjoy some ballads, this is compared to my iPod shuffle. I think an amp will let the details shine through, but will it also "slow it down"? It seems like the Total Bithead goes with the HD595s very well. Is it worth $210 shipped for the Total Bithead vs. the GV5S for $135 shipped including Elpac power supply?

EDIT: Forgot about the interconnect that the GV5S needs, I would get a 1M Cardas mini to mini. $35 shipped from headroom. Now it's $210 Total Bithead vs. $170 GV5S w/ Elpac & Cardas IC.

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 7
hmm...even poll, bump!

Jan 1, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 7
Looks like the Total Bithead is the winner. Thanks everyone!

Jan 1, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Started the year off right and ordered the Total Bithead
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razoramus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Started the year off right and ordered the Total Bithead
smily_headphones1.gif

Good for you. You will not be disappointed.

Jan 6, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 7
Wow! I'm so glad I got the Total Bithead, I paired it with my HD595s and I'm blown away. No wireless interference problem. More importantly, I can't imagine better sound. Clear, not muffled, detailed, good soundstage, energy, PRAT....I can go on forever. The vocals of delicate slow ballads are so perfect, makes me want to cry hearing it. My quest is complete, I am finally satisfied with my headphone rig. Thanks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back