AV-710 Driver Installation Error
Jan 6, 2007 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nasir

100+ Head-Fier
I recently got the Chaintech AV-710 sound card, but unfortunately, I have been unable to use it. Whenever I install the Envy 1.43d drivers, after restarting the computer, I get an error message stating, "Access violation at address 0040C461 in module 'EnMixCPL.exe'. Read of address 00143034." The same error is found when opening EnMixCPL.exe from \Program Files\Envy24.

I have already uninstalled my previous drivers, used DriverCleaner to get rid of any traces, and have uninstalled/reinstalled the Envy drivers multiple times. I am on a Windows XP system, which had previously detected the sound card when I installed it, so I'm fairly certain it's connected fine.

If anyone has any ideas on getting this to work, I'd really appreciate it.

Jan 6, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 5
According to a guide posted here, the 1.43d version is the recommended one to use.

Well, I tried playing some audio, and found that it does work (set audio output in foobar2000 to KS: Envy24 Family Audio (WDM).

However, whenever I try to open the EnMixCPL.exe, or Audio Deck, I still receive the error pointed out above.

I'm running the AV-710 to a Panasonic SA-XR55S receiver through optical, but I have no idea if the signal is bit-perfect or not. How can I find this out? EDIT: Looks like I will have to flash the card to the Prodigy for bit-perfect. Will there be a difference in sound quality from bit-perfect vs. not bit-perfect with my receiver?

Jan 7, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #5 of 5
I think I'll just flash the card to the Prodigy, and hopefully, the Prodigy drivers shouldn't cause me any problem. I'll post back once this is accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back