AV-710 bug?
Jun 11, 2006 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ayso78

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone else experienced audio dropping out w/this card? Usually pressing pause and/or restarting fixes this issue. Getting to be an annoyance.

Jun 11, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 8
Yeah. Luckly, using 2 sound cards with a different one as the default windows card makes this problem almost never happen. It is annoying though.

Jun 11, 2006 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Audio dropping out in KS when some other sound is to be played is some old bug in the VIA drivers. Probably it's worsened by QSound not operating on this card.

Jun 11, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #5 of 8
anyways I'm having a problem trying to use kernal streaming with foobar since when I change it the KS, it would give me a BSOD :0 and this started to happen recently
frown.gif
I don't kno what happened so I have to use direct sound now
frown.gif

Jun 11, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dachink
are u using the 500 drivers? These drivers have been reported to have the audio cut out so switch to the 143b driver.

By this do you mean that I can run a kernal stream through foobar and then when a direct sound plays (such as a windows system notification) the sound won't cut out?

Jun 11, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dachink
are u using the 500 drivers? These drivers have been reported to have the audio cut out so switch to the 143b driver.

Yes, I'll see if I can't dig up the older ones somewhere.

Jun 11, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
Audio dropping out in KS when some other sound is to be played is some old bug in the VIA drivers. Probably it's worsened by QSound not operating on this card.

I did disable Windows sounds, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back