Auzentech X-Purity sound card
May 11, 2006 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

StealthR6

100+ Head-Fier
Hey/Hi been a long time viewer and now first time poster!

Anyways just saw this sound card coming out and wanted to see what people thought about it. I have the older XMystique card and haven't seen any posts about that card in these forums either. I think its a nice little sounds card considering it allows swapable opamps, thought you guys would be all over that. I see a lot of posts bout the Chaintech and X-fi cards. I own a X-fi also and enjoy that card but I feel the XMystique is just as good, there different though. Looking forward to the new card and wanted to get input on it from you guys. Should I just go with this new card or try an emu1212?

pics at the link below, uses cmedia 8788 HD chipset.
http://www.auzentech.com/images/x-purity/index.htm
Auzentech X-Purity™

* DTS® Interactive – A real-time 5.1 channel encoder that takes any 2 or more channels and encodes them into DTS bit stream.
* DTS® Neo:pC - An up mix matrix that turns any 2 channel audio into 7.1 channel surround sound.
* Dolby® Digital Live (DDL) - A real-time 5.1 channel encoding bit stream to facilitate the connection with CE AV receiver.
* Dolby® ProLogic IIx surround processor spreading stereo audio into 7.1 channel surround sound.
* Renowned Dolby® Headphone technology, conveying 5.1 surround and 3D gaming audio over stereo headphones.
* The latest Dolby® Virtual Speaker solution, bringing amazing virtual surround sound fields via general two speakers.
* C-Media FlexBass™ – LFE channel crossover frequency settable from range 50 to 250Hz in Small speaker mode and Small/Large speaker selectable.
* C-Media Magic Voice™, popular feature for disguising your tone in online chatting.
* C-Media Xear 3D™ 7.1 Virtual Speaker Shifter technology.
* C-Media’s unique Karaoke functions: Microphone Echo, Key-shifting.
* Individual 10-band EQ for each channel.
* 27 global reverberation environments.
* Supports most industrial standards of 3D sound for PC gaming, including EAX™ 1.0 & 2.0, A3D™ 1.0, and DirectSound™
* Supports 7.1 CH digital audio playback for WinXP 64, WinXP, Win 2000 (Microsoft® DirectX V.9.0 above is required).
* S/PDIF IN selection supports switching between Optical and CD SPDIF IN connection.
* Front Panel Audio supports connectivity for stereo audio output and a microphone input from most new chassis.
* Supports 24bit/192kHz optical output.
* Supports onboard optical input and CD SPDIF input.

May 12, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #2 of 11
May 12, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 11
Wow that looks like a nice card also. I just know I'm gonna end up with 3 sound cards in my system
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 13, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by alfie
Am I wrong or the Comrad digital 7.1 HiFi does cost more than 500 USD ?

Your wrong, on there site they list a Geforce 6800GS, costing 169,000 whatevers, in the US that cards costs around $200. So 83,000 should probably be around $99. Unless they are selling there 6800GS @ $1000
rolleyes.gif

May 16, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #11 of 11
Yeah all these cards seem interesting. I was only going to use mine for movies and games though and was interested in DTS Interactive feature. I may just get the X-plosion instead since I don't need analog output. if you wanted analog output, this one maybe very nice. I like the swappable opamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back