Auzentech X-fi Prelude, how powerful is it?
Sep 20, 2007 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

johnjester

New Head-Fier
how powerful is the card going to be? will it power hd595s or hd650s as they should? from what i am told that is one of the most powerful opamps that can be put onto a sound card

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 4
I have X-meridian 7.1 ... no problem to drive 600 ohms BeyerDT990 ou HD650 Sennheiser.

The prelude should be same ..

For SQ, you still better with X-Meridian. I read a test between stock X-Meridian vs Prelude (come stock with LM4562). The X-Meridian was better.

Once you change the stock op-amp for LM4562, it's a big step up ...

Prelude is only a good option for recording or play games.

With X_Meridian, no real advantage to use an amp ... (i tell that and I have a very good amp ...).

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have X-meridian 7.1 ... no problem to drive 600 ohms BeyerDT990 ou HD650 Sennheiser.

The prelude should be same ..

For SQ, you still better with X-Meridian. I read a test between stock X-Meridian vs Prelude (come stock with LM4562). The X-Meridian was better.

Once you change the stock op-amp for LM4562, it's a big step up ...

Prelude is only a good option for recording or play games.

With X_Meridian, no real advantage to use an amp ... (i tell that and I have a very good amp ...).

Alright i am pretty confused as to what you just said, you said that the Prelude comes with the LM4562 but then you said once you change it for the LM4562, so does it need to be upgraded? orrrrr is it going to be plenty powerful to push those headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back