Auzen X-FI Prelude Production Pics!
Jul 27, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 39
I like the new color scheme, thanks for sharing. I found my new wallpaper haha
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #5 of 39
anyone know on how much they will cost?

Jul 27, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #7 of 39
NCIX has them for Pre-order.

I think the prelude is gonna sound a hell of alot better then a modded X-Music. Besides the features set of the Prelude is awesome for the price.

Jul 27, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #9 of 39
Sexy card. I think i may be getting rid of my modded xfi and going for this guy. the price is right and im sure the sound will match

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why do you think it will be better, ROBSCIX? Not in a hostile way, I'm just curious.

Judging by the spec you know it would be better, with all solid caps (even changing some caps on XtremeMusic it already sounds better), high quality PCB, better DAC, and possibly their own tuned driver

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalypsee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and possibly their own tuned driver

They'll be using Creative's drivers, unfortunately (Creative didn't want to open the source code of their drivers). Auzen might be able to extend them, though (I think there is a component of Creative's drivers that allows for third party extensions).

Jul 27, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #13 of 39
overclockers.co.uk allready lists them as 102 british pounds + TAX (120 with tax), england is a bit expencive, but it does list at the aproximate price that was mentioned, $200,

Jul 27, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalypsee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judging by the spec you know it would be better, with all solid caps (even changing some caps on XtremeMusic it already sounds better), high quality PCB, better DAC, and possibly their own tuned driver

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant better than the modded X-Fi, which has the same DAC etc! Hope that makes sense, cos as far as I can see, differences then would be minimal.

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I was unclear. I meant better than the modded X-Fi, which has the same DAC

X-fi uses a mid-range 8ch Cirrus Logic DAC, while Prelude has 4x2ch AKM4396 (AKM's flagship) feeding its 7.1 channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back