Auzen X-fi Forte vs Bravura vs Soundblaster X-fi Titanium HD
Jan 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

krisno

100+ Head-Fier
Yo

This is a question;(sorry). I do gaming and music playback. I want the best sound quality, but I also want slim drivers and full OpenAL support(too bad audiotrak hd2). Guru3D just reviewed the new soundblaster x-fi titanium hd, saying it is one of the best sounding cards period.

So, the thing is, does the creative soundblaster x-fi come with the same type of "component" drivers as the Auzen x-fi offerings? On the Auzen you can choose which components you want to install, so you dont get all that creative bloat. Is that same true in the creative reference drivers offerings? If they not, I guess i have to go for the auzen X-fi Forte or auzen Bravura. In win7 there is no native eax support, so even though Bravura only supports Eax 4, it does not really matter. What matters is audio fidelity. How does the Forte compare to the Bravura in SQ? Is Forte a higher end offering than the Bravura, even though Bravura was released one year later.

I read some comments about the Forte/bravura is harsh, little lacking in bass, etc. that is not what I want. The Titanium seems to be the best offering, IF, drivers can be customed, AND if it has a headphone amplifier built in.

any recommendations?

Kris

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 7
I think the Auzentech and Creative X-Fi cards both use the same drivers and software. I only install the volume panel and the console launcher. If you want to use EAX you can with Alchemy. I have 30+ games that use it and it works fine in Windows 7.

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 7
So the drivers are just the same; the Auzen are not "slimmer". They are both modular?

So that brings the question then - which has best SQ, bravura, forte (or the titanium?)? I think bravura and forte only gets mediocre reviews regarding sound quality. But they have good headphone amps.

Regarding the Audiotrack HD2, its really not that good sound. Its a bit "hard" and bass light kind of even with different opamps; and it has no OpenAL.

K

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 7
I think nobody compared X-Fi Titanium HD with Auzentech Forte but you won't go wrong any of these. BTW if you better sounding card than these two then Asus ST are better and they have upgradeable opamps option too.

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #5 of 7
  My main concern is sound quality, but I also want a card that supports OpenAL fully. EAX is kind of dead. And I want not overbloated drivers. if the Auzen is no more or less bloated than Creative reference drivers, that is OK. I allready got a Xonar D1 and Prodigy HD2 soundcard, but the first has bad dac, but slim drivers. The second has no gaming support.

The only thing holding back on the Forte and Bravuda is that reviews point out the SQ is not that stellar, and Creative would be better. Titanium HD get great reviews. But driver bloat? Are they as modular, the creative reference, as the Auzen? Are Auzens updated more frequently or just the same speed as Creative?

Is OpenAL support on the Xonars just as good as on Creative cards?

ROBSCIX; you really enjoyed that new Titanium HD didnt you?

May 6, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm Very happy with my creative x-fi HD,not a single problem with the drivers(I'm using windows 7),with the stock OpAmps the sound is very light,I swapped the OpAmps to my like and the sound is just awesome!

May 6, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 7
The STX and TiHD are on par with each other.  Due note that sound is preference and when each card trades blows with each other in terms of music then they are indeed equal in performance.  The only area where the STX will exceed the TiHD is iff you are using phones that require 300+ Ohm.

For gaming performance, the STX is no where near the TiHD in games such as BC2.  Althought BC2 is more software (CPU driven) based, the TiHD blows it away.  The Forte is basically a X-Fi chip armed with audiophile equalivalent components and will also exceed the TiHD in phones requiring over 300 Ohms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back