Auzen Prelude- which Mode do you use?
Apr 5, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) First, double-click the Auxen icon in yoru system tray.
2) Once this screen is loaded, click "Snapshot" in the top right and select "RMAA 2496"
smily_headphones1.gif

3) Next, assure you are resampling in Winamp. If you don't complete this step, your output *will* be 44.1kHz and then the soundcard's software will notice that, and adjust its own sample rate to match.

I dont use Auzen, i have xfi, and i know how to resample.I'm just saing that if you resample the audio, you cannot use the term bit matched playback, it's just wrong. I guess in Prelude they found a mode to lock the sample rate in the console, while in the xfi it changes automatically even if you save a profile, which is in theory right, because you have clicked bit matched playback.
I guess Prelude have a false bit matched.(eventhough i'm pretty sure it sounds better than the Xfi)

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSurSpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just use the digi out with no effects and everything flat, so it doesn't really matter what mode I'm on. It just so happens to be Game mode.

Heh.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #19 of 37
I just wanna see if I'm being a total noob...

I use the audio creation mode with bit-perfect on my Auzen Prelude like you guys. I'm just wondering, under the ASIO tab for setup, what channels do you have selected. I noticed on the bottom left of the screen you can select 'Front L/R', 'Center/Sub' and so forth. Do you guys have all of those selected, or just the Front L/R one?

Apr 11, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #20 of 37
Just the Front L/R
However, I find myself using the entertainment mode, because I feel it sounds much better with the EQ settings curved.. At least until I get new headphones..
In fact, I need the mids completely recessed or else I feel like it completely muffles up everything that comes through...

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #21 of 37
Ok I want to see if I got this down correctly:

1) Audio Creation mode
2) 44.1kHz
3) Bit-Matched Playback
4) Download ASIO output plugin for Winamp
5) ? <- What should my settings be for ASIO in Winamp?

These are my current ASIO Winamp settings, do I need to change anything?

Winamp_ASIO.png

[size=small]I have a question about bus routing in ASIO:[/size]

ACM.png

In headphone mode do I need to enable bus routing for Rear L/R and Front C/Sub? Whenever I enable bus routing for the said channels the volume of whatever I'm playing increases, the sound is fuller and the bass deeper.
Should I leave Front L/R on and everything else off in headphone mode? I am still quite confused on how to operate Audio Creation mode and ASIO.

According to this webpage do I need to install ASIO4ALL?

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #22 of 37
^ Bus routing just does what the name implies, if you set the front to route to the front and rear, identical streams will be played on both. So I'm not sure what you mean the sound is fuller with deeper bass, since it should be the same. Maybe it's causing headphone mode to disable or something, because "headphone" mode sucks

Audio Creation Mode, bit perfect output, 2-Ch.

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Bus routing just does what the name implies, if you set the front to route to the front and rear, identical streams will be played on both. So I'm not sure what you mean the sound is fuller with deeper bass, since it should be the same. Maybe it's causing headphone mode to disable or something, because "headphone" mode sucks

Audio Creation Mode, bit perfect output, 2-Ch.

Are you recommending I use 2-Ch when I'm listening on my headphones?

*edit* According to that user on iconzarena he recommends to turn on all bus routing regardless of headphone/speaker setup. Does what he say hold any water? This is really confusing.

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #24 of 37
You don't need ASIO4ALL; this soundcard supports ASIO natively.

And yes, set to "2/2.1 Channel". If you set to "Headphones" output in the Auzentech settings it will be applying EQ and other modifications to the sound. It doesn't make the output sound bad, but to be honest it's unnecessary... if you have clean ASIO output and quality headphones, you don't need your software trying to adjust the output to match shortcomings and/or limitations of headphones that may not even apply to you
wink.gif

1) Set soundcard drivers' software to Audio Creation Mode.
2) At the top-right where it says "Snapshot", click on that and then click on RMAA 44.1kHz
3) At the Settings at the bottom-left, make sure Bit-Match Playback is enabled
4) Check volume knob as resetting to the RMAA 44.1kHz setting puts it at 100% (!)
5) Enable EAX effects should not be checked
6) Speaker Configurations: 2/2.1 Speakers

You are done in the Auzen settings now.

As far as Winamp settings I can't help you
frown.gif
I have used Foobar2000 as my primarily for too long to remember. Here's what my gut would tell me, though:

Do not use resampling. Just untick that box. You can mess around with 96kHz later, but resampling 44kHz to 44kHz will just make it sound worse. I enjoy music @ 44, 92, and 192... they each sound different. But I would encourage you to listen to it at native 44.1 kHz for a while and if it seems to be missing something, resample to 92 kHz and see if you like that better.

Your other settings in Winamp look OK to me.

Happy listening! :nod:

EDIT: Bus Routing in the Audio Creation Mode screen...... never had to mess with that at all. I think you can just leave it...

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure what you mean the sound is fuller with deeper bass, since it should be the same.

Try enabling all bus routing in the "Front L/R" column the next time you use your headphones' and you'll know what I mean. Whenever I enable all bus routing in the "Front L/R" column the volume increases and it sounds different than when I just have Front L/R enabled in the Front L/R column.

Quote:

At the top-right where it says "Snapshot", click on that and then click on RMAA 44.1kHz

Sduibek, thanks for all the pointers.

Do I still have to select RMAA 44.1kHz under "Snapshot" when I already have 44.1kHz enabled under settings? Lastly, regarding Game Mode, what is the purpose of "Upmix" under X-Fi CMSS 3D? I notice this option is not available in Entertainment Mode.

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #26 of 37
bus routing is useful if you want to send audio to stereo speakers on one output and to a headphone amp on another output...

i just use a simple headphone splitter for that... that way it works in all modes

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by OpTicaL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I still have to select RMAA 44.1kHz under "Snapshot" when I already have 44.1kHz enabled under settings?

You don't have to. If i'm setting it up I always use the RMAA profile(s) as a starting point though. I had messed around with it a lot manually before finding these... usually once you select the profile you just have to tweak one or two checkboxes and you're good to go.

Quote:

Lastly, regarding Game Mode, what is the purpose of "Upmix" under X-Fi CMSS 3D? I notice this option is not available in Entertainment Mode.

I don't have that option
confused.gif
What soundcard and driver version are you using?

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

I don't have that option
confused.gif
What soundcard and driver version are you using?

I'm using X-Fi Fatality with the lastest Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.18.0008

It's the Upmix option right under Upmix Mode in Game Mode (see pic). That option is not available in Entertainment Mode and not sure what it does exactly.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

I'm using X-Fi Fatality with the lastest Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.18.0008

It's the Upmix option right under Upmix Mode in Game Mode (see pic). That option is not available in Entertainment Mode and not sure what it does exactly.

Oohhhhhh... I just have the normal X-Fi. Sorry. Check the manual(s) though
wink.gif
And the Support website. Google is your friend!

I'm assuming Upmix is essentially resampling to 96kHz or something to that effect. Sounds cool actually, i'm wondering if it genuinely makes the games' sound / music sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back