Auzen Forte vs Prelude vs Essence STX
Aug 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #61 of 89
You can buy them from local electronics supplies or some get samples.
Depends on the card. Most modern cards have opamps sockets and some more then others.
If you have any questions let me know.

Aug 16, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #62 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can buy them from local electronics supplies or some get samples.
Depends on the card. Most modern cards have opamps sockets and some more then others.
If you have any questions let me know.

How do I get samples? From store/friends?
biggrin.gif
I'm clueless when it comes to audio!
Obviously we're talking about Essence STX here.

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #64 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do I get samples? From store/friends?
biggrin.gif
I'm clueless when it comes to audio!
Obviously we're talking about Essence STX here.

If you happen to be say a student or in the electronics business most chip companies will give you samples of their latest products. Your also saying that is they work for your design or project you buy from them in the future.
Most companies such as:
Texas Insturments, National Semi Conductor, Linear Technology or Analog Devices..etc will offer samples.
Heop this helps.

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #65 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technokat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what are good opamps for the forte then, if i mainly use it for gaming, videos, and hard rock/metal?

The opamps in the Forte is actually not too bad. There are better models I would say depending on your tastes, AD8620, LME49720, OPA627,OPA637...etc.

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #67 of 89
The I/V opamps on the Essnece STx/ST are generic so they can be changed out for better models. The I/V opamps is decent quality but can be changed also based on persoanl preference. If your using the headphones ampliifer, the LM4562 (buffer) opamps is NOT used at all.

If your a student that should be ok. Although depending on where you are they may want shipping, so it might be easier and cheaper to buy locally.

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #71 of 89
OK, got my hands on Essence STX, finally
biggrin.gif

But as you know the card uses 6.3mm jacks for Headphone out and for Line in. It comes with one 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter.
So the problem here is if I uninstall on-board audio drivers I'll be left without mic unless I get 2nd 6.3mm adapter to 3.5mm mic cord.

So what I came up is that I disable the on-board audio from windows/BIOS.
BUT I won't uninstall drivers. Then I install the Essence STX +its drivers. Re-enable on-board audio...

So the question is: Can windows handle 2 sound cards? One for headphones and one for microphone? THIS WILL BE TEMPORARY SOLUTION OFC!

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:55 AM Post #72 of 89
That's the way I am setup. I use my onboard for the mic because I can boost the mic higher than with the Essence. Plus I didn't feel like using an adapter for the mic. All you have to do tell windows which sound card should be used as default for recording and playback. Most applications, such as ventrilo, can be manually configured to use the sound card that you want as well.

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #73 of 89
Yes, Windows can handle multiple soundcards. I have used up to three at a time and I have associates how routinely use four cards.
If your recording from one, set windows to that device and set playback to the other. Should work fine provided there is no driver or addressing conflict.

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #74 of 89
The only complication I had when running multiple soundcards in Vista was that Alchemy stopped working and I never managed to sort it out unless the X-Fi was the only card I had installed. It made the X-Fi I was using a lot less appealing.

DS3D-GX on Xonar certainly works when more than one soundcard is running in the system.

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #75 of 89
Ok, got the card installed and running.
I guess the card gets properly power from PSU since it works. My molex connector didn't go all the way into card's socket... no matter how hard I tried to push it, bad molex!

Also I noticed some spooky new noise when PC boots up/shuts down: it does "pop" or "crack" sound, this also occurs when changing settings to headphone amp settings and/or switching between headphones/speakers.
Is this normal to Essence STX? Or not?

Was this DS3D-GX same as EAX?

I'll try out this 2 sound card solution soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back