Auvio Hybrid tips are the BEST I've used, but is there a generic/alternative?
Apr 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ChoppedBroccoli

Head-Fier
I just picked up a Soundmagic ES18 IEM. I used my trusty Sony Hybrid tips with them, but the more I used the tips, the more I realized how the narrow opening is suppressing the treble.

I browsed around these forums and noticed that RadioShack's Auvio line has a hybrid tip replacement set (with cord manager) for $14.99 and I could immediately see from the pictures that the opening was much larger.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10788687&CAWELAID=619564585

Sure enough I picked them up, tried them out, and had much better treble performance without sacrificing the great Sony Hybrid tips seal and bass response. Frankly I think the Auvio hybrids are the best tips I've used.

The problem...? I need 3-4 pairs of the blue sized (medium I think) and there is no way I'm paying $45 - $60 just to get them :)

Are there any ways to grab these cheaper? Is there some other brand/generic version of these? I didn't see any phone numbers I could call to just try and ask RadioShack how to buy 4 sets of the same size :p

Unfortunately the FS/FT forum didn't have enough Auvio tips activity to ensure I'd be able to trade for 3-4 blue pairs.

May 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 2
No contact numbers on the package since I think Auvio is a small company that sources products for many retailers.

Does anyone know of a more easily available/popular alternative with the same performance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back