Auvi Hd player now available
Mar 5, 2004 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Krishna

100+ Head-Fier
The Auvi SA1500 hardrive player is now available.
Here are some specs.

Smallest, slimmest and lightest 1.8 inch hard drive player in the industry

Ultra fast USB 2.0 connection speed

Supports MP3 and WMA audio formats

Can be used as an external hard drive backup

Built-in rechargeable/replaceable Lithium-Ion battery - offering 20+ hours of continuous playtime

http://www.auviworld.com/productdetails.php

Mar 5, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 11
nice battery life and it's replaceable but what's up with the ">5mw" power output? sad.

Mar 6, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 11
Hmm, looks nice if only because it's an iPod ripoff. Scrolling doesnt seem like it'll be as easy with that tiny jog dial on the side, though. And that GUI is a bit too close for comfort. 20 hours of battery life is nice whether it's a copycat or not. Wonder how much it'll cost.

Crap, this is post 666 for me... better make my next one soon!

Mar 6, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #6 of 11
You can buy it now for $299 at the Auvi store. I know that some one here was interested in getting one.

I have to say though, it looks kind of ugly, but this is ofcourse overshadowed by the size and 20hr battery life.

Mar 6, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #8 of 11
cant wait tell someone reviews this cause this would be a perfect player for me as i dont listen to ogg or anything ... only thing i worry about is how the company stands about firmware bugs and warrenty issuis...

Mar 6, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #9 of 11
Hmm, it looked to me like the 10 Gig model was US$299. But that seems reasonable given the specs. Except for two particular specs: as already mentioned 5 mW output (a bit low if you have some harder to drive phones) and 90 dB signal to noise ratio. Maybe I'm getting spoilt by the "on paper" specs of the Creative Muvo 2 which as 98 dB s/n. Still, from what I remember the Ipod is only >90 dB and most of the critical ears here have no problem with the Ipod sound (although am I correct in hearing people rate it as low on bass?)

I test drove an Ipod last Wednesday and am pretty close to "purchase time"... but reviews on the sound of this unit here would be appreciated. I'd also like to personally test drive a MuVo 2 but its so hard to compare units when the demo songs in retail outlets are all different (and different from what my ears are trained to recognise).

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Mar 6, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #10 of 11
you got me all excited as if Sharp is releasing a HDD mp3 player with their 1 bit digital Auvi amp ...
eggosmile.gif

Mar 6, 2004 at 8:59 AM Post #11 of 11
This is pretty misleading as they use the name of popular Sharp digital amp as their company name "auvi technologies" but they are not in any way affiliated with Sharp.

I really hope Sharp would come up with their own hdd player like toshiba did though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back