automatic turntable driving me mad
Mar 22, 2006 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Embio

100+ Head-Fier
hey, I have a Marrantz automatic turntable (TT42 I think, very basic) and it keeps lifting the arm off the record after a certain point (presumably where the track would normally end) missing off about 30 seconds worth of music. Is there any way I can disable the automatic function? one of the records is teenage kicks :frowning2: I have looked for an 'automatic off switch and there doesnt seem to be one.

thanks

Mar 22, 2006 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 3
If you lift the platter (round thing on which record sits) off you will find some plastic cogs and a metal bar which auto-return the arm. cover the stylus and run the deck with the platter removed and you'll see how it works. Carefully disconnecting and removing the metal bar would disable auto return for ever but it's easy to damage the table and spoil any chance you might have of selling it in order to upgrade.
Marantz turntables at this level tend to hold their value reasonably well for some obscure reason so you might be better off letting it go and getting something better or just living with it's limitations and buying a different recording of teenage kicks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back