Authorized resellers?
Feb 7, 2009 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Goit

500+ Head-Fier
Companies like Denon and Sennheiser have authorized etailers. What if you don't buy from one? Do you lose the warranty automatically?

If they are not authorized, then where did they get their stock?

I see a lot of resellers on amazon and ebay, with like 99 percent positive on thousands of feedbacks, all powerseller and featured merchants, but they didn't appear on denon's website as authorized etailers.

Their prices are cheap, but not too cheap.

Can they be trusted?

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Companies like Denon and Sennheiser have authorized etailers. What if you don't buy from one? Do you lose the warranty automatically?

If they are not authorized, then where did they get their stock?

I see a lot of resellers on amazon and ebay, with like 99 percent positive on thousands of feedbacks, all powerseller and featured merchants, but they didn't appear on denon's website as authorized etailers.

Their prices are cheap, but not too cheap.

Can they be trusted?

Generally you lose the warranty if you don't buy from an authorized retailer. Also, for headphones under $100, there are a lot of counterfeit fakes on eBay (e.g. vendors who sell white CX300s along with the silver and black ones). You have to be careful.

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Generally you lose the warranty if you don't buy from an authorized retailer. Also, for headphones under $100, there are a lot of counterfeit fakes on eBay (e.g. vendors who sell white CX300s along with the silver and black ones). You have to be careful.

What about ebay sellers who have a very high rating?

I'm trying to get a Denon D5000. "authorized" resellers sell them for over 600, "unauthorized" resellers sell them for about 400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back