Authorized places online to buy Grado headphones?
Jan 24, 2010 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

The Fire Snake

Head-Fier
I went to the Grado website and they mention brick and morter shops that are considered authorized dealers of Grado merchandise, but I saw no mention of any online places. So, I emailed Grado customer service and got a crazy answer. The rep emailed me to do a Google search and any place selling grados was fine except auction sites !!!????
confused.gif
confused_face_2.gif

My main concern is to make sure I buy from an authorized Grado dealers so that I get the warranty and make sure that I buy an authentic Grado product and not a knock off. Sennheiser's site clearly addresses this question and they mention how there are so many knockoffs out there and to go to authorized dealers. How come Grado never mentions this?

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 8
Headroom, TTVJ, ALO, Moon audio, etc.

So many. If you're wondering about a certain site, contact Grado with the link. They will tell if it's authorized. A fake Grado is a lot less common.

That answer was not "crazy". He said any site except eBay. Duh.
tongue.gif

I would personally buy from Headroom or TTVJ.

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by iHelp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That answer was not "crazy". He said any site except eBay. Duh.
tongue.gif

I understand what he was telling me. I just found it strange that all the online stores are considered authorized. So many companies(ex: Sennheiser) have a specific list of who to buy from so that you get the real thing.

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 8
I am pretty sure that there is no such thing as a Grado knock-off. So far, none have been reported as far as the complete headset is concerned. I would actually head over to the FS/FT threads as that is where you will find next-to-new Grados at the best prices. If you are still concerned, do check post counts and, more importantly, user feedback.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am pretty sure that there is no such thing as a Grado knock-off.

I'm going to start off by saying I absolutely love my Alessandro's (by Grado), but if there was some sort of Chinese clone of a Grado, they'd probably have a better build quality
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 8
Well, most places are just worried about knock-offs, but usually if you send them and they are legitimate, then most places will repair them and honor what ever warranty there is for them.

I called grado about that awhile ago, pretty much any seller on Amazon and plenty of online places are authorized sellers. I'd go with Goodcans.com or some of the Amazon shops simply because of the free shipping.

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 8
Great. Thanks a lot guys. You guys have pointed me to some great places to buy, when I am ready for the Grados.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back