Autechre "Untilted"
Apr 21, 2005 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Publius

500+ Head-Fier
I've been listening to this since Monday (couldn't wait - bought FLAC), and so far the most I can describe it is that it's like watching an hour-long train collision - in a very, very good way. Utterly mesmerising and impenetrable. Though it is opening up to me after about the 7th listen. Anybody else?

Apr 21, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 4
I've been meaning to give this a listen on the Warp site to make sure it's not another 'Confield'. I've heard stuff about it that's not the best, but seeing your comments I'm really intrigued now. Tonight or tomorrow for sure.

Apr 21, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 4
At first I couldn't make heads or tails of the tracks and they sounded more like Merzbow than anything else. Depending on who you ask, it's the closest to Confield or the furthest from Confield. It's not immediately understandable like 7.30 was, or even gantz_graf - think halfway between EP7 and Peel Sessions 2, done with nothing but a 606 and duct tape, and you wouldn't be too far from the mark.

Apr 21, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 4
Confield is an amazing album, IMO. Difficult to listen to but incredibly rewarding.

I didn't get that impression from Untilted at all. I guess I'll give it a few more chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back