Austrian Audio "The Composer" : mini review
Jan 23, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #32 of 52
This headphone arrived to Krakow store so I'll be able to audition it next week. Curious to see if it's really that much better than Utopia if Focals sounds veiled compared to Composer

Jan 23, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #35 of 52
I dont have A Favorite.
I have a few ....

A Few Audeze, a few Hifiman, and the DCA Expanse and the Ether 2. And The Kennerton Thror, and the Abyss MR and TC. And the Stax L-300 Limited.
Also the Sennheiser HD800S, and the ES Labs ES1-A, and most recently the Austrian Audio "The Composer", is getting a ton of play.
So, those are in my "heavy rotation", most of the time..
I am interested if you like it more then Diana MR and if so,why.

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #36 of 52
This headphone arrived to Krakow store so I'll be able to audition it next week. Curious to see if it's really that much better than Utopia if Focals sounds veiled compared to Composer

Does it "sound better" than the Focal Utopia?
Not if you prefer the Utopia's sound. :)

Here is what i can tell you for certain...
The Utopia, '2024, costs about 2x as much, .. so, consider that when you listen to the Composer.
The Susvara cost about 3x as much, and i own both, and love both.
Also, Pay special attention to the Frame and the adjustability that is also provided by the Composer, vs the lack of adjustability that is offered by the Utopia that costs so much more money.

The Designer of the AA-Composer, spent some time "thinking it through", as the gear is about as flawless as they can be created.

"Sound" is subjective opinion, regarding hearing it, but design and execution and end result, is an entirely different reality, and the AA-Composer, is a remarkably well crafted manifestation.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #37 of 52
You don't really deal with criticism, do you? Admitting mistakes doesn't seem to be your strength either.
You have updated your entry post and afterwards you wrote a lot of bulls*** about me or AA. dnftt and so I say bye bye.
Maybe YOU need to pull your head in and apologise for being wrong.
Fullbright1 hasn't altered the German/Austrian made phrase. I read the review just after it was posted.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #38 of 52
Does it "sound better" than the Focal Utopia?
Not if you prefer the Utopia's sound. :)

Here is what i can tell you for certain...
The Utopia, '2024, costs about 2x as much, .. so, consider that when you listen to the Composer.
The Susvara cost about 3x as much, and i own both, and love both.
Also, Pay special attention to the Frame and the adjustability that is also provided by the Composer, vs the lack of adjustability that is offered by the Utopia that costs so much more money.

The Designer of the AA-Composer, spent some time "thinking it through", as the gear is about as flawless as they can be created.

"Sound" is subjective opinion, regarding hearing it, but design and execution and end result, is an entirely different reality, and the AA-Composer, is a remarkably well crafted manifestation.

Utopia sounding veiled compared to composer is a quite strong statement as that's how I would describe something like HD650 matched against Focals flagship. We all know that price to performance ratios left audiophile world long time ago. None of these would sound 10-20x better than R70x or Dt1990. Composer price is hefty and it should play in top tier as there aren't many dynamic headphones that costs more

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #39 of 52
Maybe YOU need to pull your head in and apologise for being wrong.

Really ? He did a mistake, wrote bulls*** about me and I have to apologize ? LOL
I'm out of this stupid thread.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #40 of 52
the composer is a dynamic driver, there is nothing about it close to e-stat in detail like unless your saying its super bright like a lot of e-stats than yes it is like an e-stat. I would believe you more if you were saying a planar magnetic driver sounds close to e-stat because its is more capable of reaching those heights....

Jan 24, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #42 of 52
Utopia sounding veiled compared to composer is a quite strong statement as that's how I would describe something like HD650 matched against Focals flagship. We all know that price to performance ratios left audiophile world long time ago. None of these would sound 10-20x better than R70x or Dt1990. Composer price is hefty and it should play in top tier as there aren't many dynamic headphones that costs more

Some headphones, just excel at dynamic clarity.
An example would be the DCA Expanse.
Another is the Austrian Audio Composer. It offers stunning clarity, that is going to be perceived as "bright", and the gear has some sonic brightness because there is a level of amazing clarity it produces that is very much like an E-Stat.. The Gear has a somewhat E-Stat sound...
Its not a warm or rich or midrange laden sound signature, or in any way rolled off FR...Its very dynamic, yet somewhat airy, and it just excels at crystal clean clarity.
Its unique.
I wish i could give everyone here my EARS, so that you could hear it as i hear it.....
As always, some will want it to sound like an Audeze or a Hifiman or a ZMF, and its DOES NOT... so, don't expect it to sound like other headphones, as it doesn't.
If the reader prefers a warm thick lush sound, then look elsewhere as the AA-C is none of that......at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back