Austrian Audio "The Composer" : mini review
Jan 22, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #16 of 52
Its in a wooden box, vs just packed in a cardboard box.
You can transport it in that box.
The gear does not come with a Travel case... And neither does the recently released Diana MR.
Diana MR comes with a travel hardshell case with zipp.
A very positive review overall.

Attachments

• diana-carry-case-2.jpg
    diana-carry-case-2.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 0
Jan 22, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #17 of 52
Jan 22, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #21 of 52
As a German I know the difference :wink:. Anyway, the AA is made in Austrian and not in Germany. That's the point.

Thank you.....I appreciate what you wrote... and i appreciate you reading my AA-C "mini review".

However, If you read carefully, you'll note that i never said that the gear was "made in Germany".

I said its "Austrian /German made".

And you know, its interesting how "perception" works in this world..

For example... most people would probably believe that Elon Musk created Tesla, but he didn't... however, he is certainly the "Face of Tesla".
Some APPLE designs, like their recent Macbook Pro are made in China and Taiwan.
This is just like the fact that most people would believe that.. MOZART.. is/was a German, and in fact, he's Austrian born, yet he wrote German Language Operas.

I know people who don't define themselves by their ethnic group or their ancestral heritage..
They would tell you...."Im just a Citizen of the World".....or a (Globalist)..

You, @TheDuke990, apparently have a very strong sense of National Pride, and i appreciate your POV and your right to have it and express it.
-
1705956408610.png

-

And down below... is one of those"" Citizens of the World"", who was eventually kicked out of the USA...... for his POV.., and never allowed to come back....

So, it seems that all my "mini-review" Threads end up going in all directions.. sort of like = FIREWORKS.....

Fine by me.......as I enjoy you all who want to chime in........ so feel free to say whatever you think or feel you need to say.

So, yes the Austrian Audio "The Composer" sounds very good.. to me.
Is it the best sounding set of headphones ive ever heard?
A.) That does not exist, as i love many sounds/voices, including Headphones..
See, i perceive each Headphone's SOUND Sig, as its own "voice".. and i dont try to compare .. A vs B. I just listen and let the sound give me its experience.
If it make me HIGH.. if it gives me a contact High, .. if it can take me away and lead me to a mystical ZONE..... then i LIKE IT, or I LOVE IT.

And Reader.... i dont try to sell gear using a review, so that i can get more gear to review by working that "angle" with a Brand or a Store..., to try to make my bank account FAT, using a Youtube Channel or a Review Site.
I dont do that because that is not fair to YOU.
I do it because Music is my Life, its my Career, (one of them)... and Headphones, buying, listening.... talking about them.... = Obsession.
When i hear someone say..>"Well, this Headphone "HOBBY"... and i just mostly smile out loud, as my "Headphone Hobby", has cost me over $80,000 USD.
So, for me, its not a "Hobby".. its an Obsession.

My first "real" set of Headphones, were those big round plastic cup'd SONY's that came out in the late '70s.
My first real set of "Legit" headphones, was the HD600...original.
Over the years ive now spent buying and listening... only the Beyer products have not been able to connect with me., tho their DT-150's are doable, and i gave the Amiron a pretty good review.

Well......Is everyone going to love The Austrian Audio - The Composer. ?????
That's not possible....
I can hear it now... "well, it just does not SLAM like i like"..... and that is true for you. :)
Some will not like it at all because it does not sound like a Brand they like...... So a "fanboy" of say the Susvara or various Audeze, or Hifiman, is going to have less enthusiasm for the Composer, or perhaps more.. as time will tell.
However if you really didn't like the DCA Expanse, or the Audeze LCD-5 or the recent Meze Lyric or Meze 109, then you'll probably like the Composer.
"Probably"...
And what is interesting about that, is that its a somewhat Bright sounding set of Headphones, but, it deals out its Bright in a way that is very pleasing to hear and experience., and ive figured out why that works.
Its because of the Soundstage... as its unique and wide.. And it allows the Composer's sound to be heard in its best Light.

This gear is going to have a lot of fans....

-
-
1705956169085.png

-
-

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #23 of 52
Is the Composer any good for watching movies? Can it deliver deep bass, winde soundstage and lots of micro details?

The AA-Composer can offer wide soundstage, deep bass, and micro details.
It's deep bass, is not the "slamming" type.

However, as i dont use Headphones to listen to movies, i can't give you an accurate assessment.
Someone here will be able to do that for you........and soon i hope.

Jan 23, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #24 of 52
You, @TheDuke990, apparently have a very strong sense of National Pride, and i appreciate your POV and your right to have it and express it.
-

Nope. Why should I beeing proud of the country where I'm born ? National pride has often brought nothing good.
My intension was to correct an error (originally written by you "German Made : AA-C") but it seems you don't get it. You are confusing language and states. Anyway, b2t.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #25 of 52
Nope. Why should I beeing proud of the country where I'm born ? National pride has often brought nothing good.
My intension was to correct an error (originally written by you "German Made : AA-C") but it seems you don't get it. You are confusing language and states. Anyway, b2t.

But you've corrected nothing, so far... but you are now changing your own words..

See, you wrote, previously, that i said that the AA-C was "made in Germany".
And i showed you that i didn't write that, as what i wrote as the original Thread, has not been altered regarding "Austrian/German made."

So, i wonder what you'll post next to try to cover up what you said previously.
No doubt you will, as that is what you do...

Take your time, as you are very entertaining, if nothing else @TheDuke990 ..

And once again, you are welcome to do whatever you feel you need to do next...

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #28 of 52
See, you wrote, previously, that i said that the AA-C was "made in Germany".
And i showed you that i didn't write that, as what i wrote as the original Thread, has not been altered regarding "Austrian/German made."

So, i wonder what you'll post next to try to cover up what you said previously.
No doubt you will, as that is what you do...

You don't really deal with criticism, do you? Admitting mistakes doesn't seem to be your strength either.
You have updated your entry post and afterwards you wrote a lot of bulls*** about me or AA. dnftt and so I say bye bye.

Jan 23, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #29 of 52
You don't really deal with criticism, do you? Admitting mistakes doesn't seem to be your strength either.
You have updated your entry post and afterwards you wrote a lot of bulls*** about me or AA. dnftt and so I say bye bye.

Don't sweat it. Most of us know Austria and Germany are different countries and where the Composer was built.

Jan 23, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #30 of 52
So this are your favourite, your best headphones for every music genre from all the other models you mentioned including Diana MR?

I dont have A Favorite.
I have a few ....

A Few Audeze, a few Hifiman, and the DCA Expanse and the Ether 2. And The Kennerton Thror, and the Abyss MR and TC. And the Stax L-300 Limited.
Also the Sennheiser HD800S, and the ES Labs ES1-A, and most recently the Austrian Audio "The Composer", is getting a ton of play.
So, those are in my "heavy rotation", most of the time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back