Australians: Group Buy on Flat Pads for Grado/Alessandro Headphones
Dec 18, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 55
seems like more ppl interested with my pad than flat
etysmile.gif

IMHO flat is sonically better than mine
orphsmile.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 2:00 AM Post #7 of 55
Oh, what the hell, I may as well get in on the this even though I don't own headphones for them. I'll probably get some Grado's or Alessandro's soon.

Thanks for organising this. Count me in.

Dec 19, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 55
hi currently i have 10 pairs 'ordered' just waiting on being paid. i will definately email/call up todd to place the order in on monday. it's saturday afternoon time in hawaii now, so one more day to go! be quick. i think i might order 15 or 20. have a couple spare.

oh i arrive back to australia in january 6 so that is when i will post out the pads to yas.

thanks,
peter

Dec 19, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #9 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by wwap
seems like more ppl interested with my pad than flat
etysmile.gif

IMHO flat is sonically better than mine
orphsmile.gif

Ummm, anyone else realize this isn't vwap, but some crude imitation, wwap? Get a life, dude.
mad.gif

Go and get those Flat Pads, Australians! Good for you guys going in on such a thing, you'll all love them, I promise.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 55
SNR, I haven't actually heard the flats, but one of the characteristics the flats are generally recognised as having is a smoothing of the highs and taming what some people find as the "grato" sound (I think it's model dependant, SR80 one of the worst offenders, but also person dependant - they might be sennheiser types?). oh, and of course, enhancing the bass. Do a search on them in head-fi, there's a wealth of information on them to help you in your decision. I would think they would definately be worth a shot on your SR-80's (if you're ok with the price - even tho they seem costly they are generally regarded as worth every penny).

Dec 19, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #11 of 55
Flat pads significantly enhanced the bass on my SR-80's (and attenduated the highs), which was a little low to begin with and now is more towards the level I'd like it to be - in short, awesome!
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #14 of 55
MD1032 said:
Ummm, anyone else realize this isn't vwap, but some crude imitation, wwap? Get a life, dude.
mad.gif

my apology if i have offended anyone in particular since it was meant to be a joke. it just happen that my nick is similar to vwap

snr, i'm sure the flat pad will do magic to your sr-80 as what papa_snap has stated.

i currently own sr-225 and sr-80. i find the flat is much better with 225 than the 80

so flat is a good investment when you upgrado

Dec 19, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #15 of 55
I'm definitely in .
woozah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back