Australian members...
Sep 20, 2022 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Elegiac

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't know whether anyone else has noticed, but Addicted to Audio is currently flogging the Astell & Kern SR25 for $600.

That's pretty cheap for one of these things. About $300 less than usual, it seems.
Tempted me for all of an hour, but I'm not paying that for entry-level sound and output power equal to my little Cowon iAudio Hifi.

Still, people seem to like these things, so here's a heads up :)

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/astell-kern-a-norma-sr25-digital-audio-player

Sep 28, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 5
I have seen this and I was very tempted about 6 weeks ago. However, I'm very much a techie and watching videos of the SR25 and other android based daps turned me off them because of the sluggish performance. I currently listen to my music on my iPhone 13 Pro Max /w Apple Music Lossless and Amazon Music Unlimited through an Audioquest Dragonfly Red and I have a Fiio KA1 coming from Aliexpress.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a small budget DAP to play flac or dsd files - basically something to do what my iPhone cannot natively. Happy to hear what everyone else thinks.

Sep 28, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 5
I don't know whether anyone else has noticed, but Addicted to Audio is currently flogging the Astell & Kern SR25 for $600.

That's pretty cheap for one of these things. About $300 less than usual, it seems.
Tempted me for all of an hour, but I'm not paying that for entry-level sound and output power equal to my little Cowon iAudio Hifi.

Still, people seem to like these things, so here's a heads up :)

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/astell-kern-a-norma-sr25-digital-audio-player

That's nothing unusual or new, that SR25 is the older gen, so they are trying to clear the product. The SR25 Mk2 is still going at their retail price.

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 5
I have seen this and I was very tempted about 6 weeks ago. However, I'm very much a techie and watching videos of the SR25 and other android based daps turned me off them because of the sluggish performance. I currently listen to my music on my iPhone 13 Pro Max /w Apple Music Lossless and Amazon Music Unlimited through an Audioquest Dragonfly Red and I have a Fiio KA1 coming from Aliexpress.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a small budget DAP to play flac or dsd files - basically something to do what my iPhone cannot natively. Happy to hear what everyone else thinks.

Depends on which features you need from a DAP. If it's just to play music stored on the player itself, the world's your oyster. Go take your pick. There are a few decent, cheap DAP's floating around. My recommendation will always be the Surfans F20/Hifi Walker H2.

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #5 of 5
That's nothing unusual or new, that SR25 is the older gen, so they are trying to clear the product. The SR25 Mk2 is still going at their retail price.
Should still sound decent. Someone may be interested now that it's cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back