Australia, Brisbane, Headphone Auditioning
May 10, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #32 of 39
yeay, go hugz, this could be an event and a half, possibly sponsored by snufkin, abit more advertising, and it could be a real stage for auditioning. perhaps a mini expo?

in the end, if this ever got off the ground it could help the headphones and high end sound reproduction scene.

i talked about this thread on ocau

May 10, 2006 at 12:04 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snufkin
If you guys organise a meet, I have a trusted customer that I'd send a few pairs of headphones to for you to play with under his supervision
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't seen a post from you in ages, but I don't read everything in this busy place.

May 11, 2006 at 10:02 AM Post #34 of 39
Looks like this is going to be good once all organised. Be good to hear some more sphongle, only have their latest album, sounds so good through this amp/phones, love it. any body feel like throwing a date around? and we kind of need a venue, i would love to help out, exept for the fact that I am on the Gold Coast so that counts me out.
rolleyes.gif

May 11, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #35 of 39
I assume Hugz is still looking at finding somewhere at QUT. I'd offer our place, but it's way out in the sticks, so no go there (well, we could (pending WAF) but it'd be a mission for most of you to get here. If nobody minds a trip though...).

Hopefully we should know a bit more soon. I'm really looking forward to it!

May 17, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #37 of 39
I'm personally fairly busy with uni at the moment which is why it's not being organised super fast.

I'm considering planning it for the uni holidays though. This would mean that the younger headfiers could all attend (.. and myself), and QUT would be more empty

Also, john from coem audio has offered some gear for the meet if I wanna borrow it, and has said that we may possibly be able to use their small shop in west end if we want. This could possibly be better than QUT, depending on things

Uni holidays are in late june I think. How's that sound for people? Too late, too soon, or okay?

May 17, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #38 of 39
If you guys are still keen for this and I'm not too busy, I'll be able to bring along a pair of HD600s and Firestone Audio Cute Beyond amp.

And on the topic of online headphone retailers... I recommend bestheadphones.com.au. They are a head-fi sponsor and I've had nothing but excellent customer service from them. The first time I dealt with them was a pre-order for the HD595 (back before wicked digital's headphone section was split off to for bestheadphones). There was some debacle at the factory and they order would have been delayed for a month or two, so Steve offered me to sell me a pair of HD600s straight away at the same price as the 595s. I greatfully accepted that offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back