Austin Meet 1/18/2019 hosted by Austin Audio
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #31 of 61
I updated the original post with list of what everyone has said they can bring, who is attending, who is a maybe, and who cannot make it. Please let me know if any other changes are necessary. Looking forward to see you all this weekend.

Mine should look like this:

VRacer-111:
* ELECTROSTAT RIG: laptop -> RME ADI-2 DAC -> NAD C275BEE stereo amp -> Mjolnir Audio modded SRD-7 estat transformer
* TUBE RIG: laptop -> Schiit EITR -> Gustard X20U DAC -> Schiit Loki -> Garage 1217 Project Ember amp (x2) +various tubes
* STAX SR-L300 80th Anniversary Limited Edition (#136/800) [Modded - L700 headband arc assembly with L300 strap and L700 earpads, pads Loctite Fun-tak partially-sealed]
* Kaldas Research RR1 (S/N 000024) [Bespoke edition with custom Anthracite/metallic cups, yellow wiring, and 2.5m cable] NOTE: This particular unit has a slight squeal that happens sometimes.
* Koss/Massdrop Porta Pro X drivers with Yaxi pads Parts and Express headband with custom strap/pad (have several pairs of these)
* Fostex TH-X00PH (PH S/N 01171, Modded - Lawton tune-up [driver housing only], Jmoney V3 sheepskin pads, custom in-pad attenuators)
* Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee (S/N 000280, Modded - headphile Zebrawood cups sealed with Loctite Fun-Tak, Yaxi Alcantara pads w/ stock earpad foam kept.)
* Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO (S/N 00850) - with Impact Audio Cables custom single ended cable

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #32 of 61
Mine should look like this:

VRacer-111:
* ELECTROSTAT RIG: laptop -> RME ADI-2 DAC -> NAD C275BEE stereo amp -> Mjolnir Audio modded SRD-7 estat transformer
* TUBE RIG: laptop -> Schiit EITR -> Gustard X20U DAC -> Schiit Loki -> Garage 1217 Project Ember amp (x2) +various tubes
* STAX SR-L300 80th Anniversary Limited Edition (#136/800) [Modded - L700 headband arc assembly with L300 strap and L700 earpads, pads Loctite Fun-tak partially-sealed]
* Kaldas Research RR1 (S/N 000024) [Bespoke edition with custom Anthracite/metallic cups, yellow wiring, and 2.5m cable] NOTE: This particular unit has a slight squeal that happens sometimes.
* Koss/Massdrop Porta Pro X drivers with Yaxi pads Parts and Express headband with custom strap/pad (have several pairs of these)
* Fostex TH-X00PH (PH S/N 01171, Modded - Lawton tune-up [driver housing only], Jmoney V3 sheepskin pads, custom in-pad attenuators)
* Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee (S/N 000280, Modded - headphile Zebrawood cups sealed with Loctite Fun-Tak, Yaxi Alcantara pads w/ stock earpad foam kept.)
* Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO (S/N 00850) - with Impact Audio Cables custom single ended cable

Updated.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #33 of 61
I will be attending:

Amps:
Chord Mojo
EarStudio ES100
RME ADI-2 DAC

Headphones:
Hifiman Ananda
Beyerdynamic Xcelento's
Senn Frankenstein HD600 w/ HD650 drivers
Senn 598c's

Jan 16, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #36 of 61
I'll be driving in from Houston. Dunno what to bring.

3mcww3.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #37 of 61
Jesse Anderson here in San Antonio, TX. I will be attending the Head-Fi meet. I will be bringing two Nagra IVS, and one Sound Devices 702. I will also be bringing plenty of tape and digital live recordings of Trinity University Jazz Band. I look forward to meeting members.

Jan 17, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #40 of 61
It’s possible I can make the meet with another audiophile friend but still unsure.

Gear I’d be bringing:

Amps: Apex Teton, Oblivion Hybrid Amp, Shortest Way 51+

Headphones: ZMF Verite, ZMF Auteurs, HD650, Ananda, Verum One.

Dac: Bifrost 2
Preamp: Saga +

I didn't see this before but I've been trying to find someplace to try some ZMF stuff, so crossing my fingers you can come!

@boxster233 As an update to my stuff, I WILL be bringing the L700s, so the only thing excluded from the list you've already got are the 007a's, regrettably.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #41 of 61
Hi! Based on your profile, I'd really love to try out the Audeze Hifiman, and Parasound stuff. (also if you'd be willing to share a power conditioner *coughcough* my system really needs it.)

Yikes, I should have looked at his profile... "Everything" now seems impossible. I 2nd the Audeze and Parasound Amps for being brought!

Look forward to seeing everyone and the gear of course tomorrow.

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #43 of 61
Would anyone attending the meet be willing to bring a small amp or headphone amp. The Nagras have a good headphone amp but with so many different headphone quality may not be what it should be. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Jesse Anderson

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #45 of 61
Will you be willing to let me hook it up to the Nagra or were you going to be using it during the meet? I just looked that amp up, it is very nice. I bet it will sound good with the Nagra analog recordings.

Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back