Austin Meet 1/18/2019 hosted by Austin Audio
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #17 of 61
FYI to people interested in my equipment - The amp I've got has an annoying ground loop I've been working with Spritzer to mitigate, he says it's coming from my laptop and the hum produced by this issue goes away if you rest your palm on the laptop keyboard, so it shouldn't be an issue. In case you guys see this you'll know what to do when the meet comes around. Also if anybody's bringing a power conditioner they'd be willing to let me piggy-back off of, PM me. Happy New Year to you all!

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #20 of 61
Oh snap, just found out about this. Might drop by if I can find the time! :)

If I can go, I can bring an LCD-2C, an HD800, and an ifi idsd Micro.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #23 of 61
I do not have a Facebook. Do you also mind posting the address of the meet here?

Somebody can correct me on this because I lost my facebook as well, but Austin Audio is at 9112 Anderson Mill Rd Ste B-200, Austin, TX 78729.

Also an update on my equipment, I should've waited until I actually accepted delivery of the 007a and L700 to state that I'm bringing them, the seller sent the 007a in the poker case wrapped in a half-meter strip of bubble wrap inside a cardboard box with no stickers to indicate fragility. Either because of this or because it was like this when he had it, the 007 has a wiring issue on the left driver where it cuts out, making it dangerous to use with an amp. Suffice to say I'm in the process of returning it, and assuming he wrapped the L700 the same way, I probably won't be able to bring that either.

To anybody reading this, please for the love of god double box electrostats, shipping companies will toss and drop your $1000 headphones without a care in the world.

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #24 of 61
I don't Facebook so I haven't given an RSVP yet.
Unfortunately, I have been informed that I will be working out of town next week and will not be back in time for the meet.
Perhaps I will be able to make it to the next one.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #25 of 61
So it's 1-4pm right, from what I can find online? Since it's such a short meet I'm not going to bother bringing the Khadas Tone board/ Project Polaris setup and will have a simplified version of my E-stat setup (less setup/takedown time). The tube system remains the same. Reminder, I don't have Facebook.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #27 of 61
So it's 1-4pm right, from what I can find online? Since it's such a short meet I'm not going to bother bringing the Kaldas/ Project Polaris setup and will have a simplified version of my E-stat setup (less setup/takedown time). The tube system remains the same. Reminder, I don't have Facebook.

Nooooooo aw man I was really hoping to try the Kaldas. Bad news all day innit, well for those not coming, hope everything works out and your schedules settle down.

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #28 of 61
Nooooooo aw man I was really hoping to try the Kaldas. Bad news all day innit, well for those not coming, hope everything works out and your schedules settle down.
Whoops, that was a typo - meant Khadas Tone board (as in not bringing the budget DAC/amp system.) All my e-stats (RR1 and L300 Limited) and same basic system (just not in full rack configuration) I run them with is coming! Fixed my previous post...

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #30 of 61
I updated the original post with list of what everyone has said they can bring, who is attending, who is a maybe, and who cannot make it. Please let me know if any other changes are necessary. Looking forward to see you all this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back