Aussies get in here!!!!
Jul 5, 2010 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
What's the cheapest store located in Australia to buy headphones from? suggest several if there isn't a main one with a wide range.

So far the only worthy store is ebay which is a pain because you have to pay alot for shipping but still has way more variety and even a better price even with the shipping tham most aussie headphone stores with no variety and overpriced as hell... any suggestions?

I live in perth but if the prices including shipping from anywhere from aus can beat ebay then suggest it!

and sorry for creating lots of threads

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 12
Yup. I'm in Perth myself and I think the only decent place we have is headphonic unfortunately.

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 12
In Australia the closest thing to a headphone store is this: <http://headphones.com.au/>. Other than that you can buy from online stores such as TTVJ and headroom; there is also the for sale forum.

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 12
Or earphonesolutions and headphonesolutions.
But yeah headphonic is ya best bet. They have pretty good service and you can test stuff out there.
The other online store is audiojunkie

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
In Australia the closest thing to a headphone store is this: <http://headphones.com.au/>. Other than that you can buy from online stores such as TTVJ and headroom; there is also the for sale forum.

for sale forum on this site? i guess thats probably my best if theres a good amount of aussie head fi'ers but are there any other sale forums other than this, maybe an aussie version? lol

Quote:
cravenz said:

Or earphonesolutions and headphonesolutions.
But yeah headphonic is ya best bet. They have pretty good service and you can test stuff out there.
The other online store is audiojunkie

So if i go in the perth store i can test out ALL the headphones on site, if not which ones are there to test and what are they hooked up with amp/source and can you put your own in?

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
for sale forum on this site? i guess thats probably my best if theres a good amount of aussie head fi'ers but are there any other sale forums other than this, maybe an aussie version? lol

So if i go in the perth store i can test out ALL the headphones on site, if not which ones are there to test and what are they hooked up with amp/source and can you put your own in?

you can go to stereo.net.au for local stuff or here.

in terms of testing, yeah I think you can test most of the stuff there on site. Not sure about your own equipment, just drop 'em a line and ask. I don't foresee any problems with that though.

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
In Australia the closest thing to a headphone store is this: <http://headphones.com.au/>. 

It is a headphone store; that's all they sell (apart from the DACs, amp, adaptors, CDPs, accessories etc), and it's a brick and mortar store, as well as selling online.

Quote:

They don't have a 4 sale forum, as the forums are part of their store. Yes, you can test out products, the listening bench usually has a MS1, 2, MsPro, AD700/900, some portables, there's a rack of Beyers...

Their listening kit is a Cambridge CDP and any amp in stock of your choice. If you have a source and amp you can take it in, they'll hook it up and leave you to it. I do it all the time, and bought all my stuff from them, obviously because I got to do some serious auditioning beforehand.

Some of the prices can't compete with eBay or buying OS, but that's Australia, a very small market a long way from anyone else. I decided a small premium to buy right the first time, and get local warranty and advice that saved me a packet, was more than worth it.

Given all your other posts regarding info on other headphones, most of those will be at Headphonic. Best to go and listen. One listen is worth a 1000 opinions.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #10 of 12
I don't have much, but if you need to test anything, let me know and I'd be happy to let you have a listen. Alternatively, we are having a Perth meet up at the end of the month and if ya interested, let me know.

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Perth? Is that in Australia? 

:)

basshead.gif
lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back