Aussie group buy for Starving Student
Jun 28, 2008 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 130

jarpy

New Head-Fier
Calling all Aussies:

I'm going to order this BOM from mouser. Shipping costs more than the parts but I'm doing it anyway

It contains everything but valves, sockets, chassis and power supply.

If you want to get the same order, tell me and I'll re-mail it to you for the cost of parts, plus basic Australia Post. If you live in Melbourne, we could do prisoner exchange over a beer
smily_headphones1.gif

Note that I have specified 470μF electrolytics. If you want a different size (like 150μF) tell me.

ps.
Radio Daze and Radio Electric Supply both have 19J6 in stock and ship by USPS, so they're both good for Aussies. I recommend Radio Daze for their excellent service. Sorry I didn't think of group purchase sooner.

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 130
I've had some interest in this which is great.

Shipping is $USD45 for one kit, and $USD45 for 9 kits. I was going to pay for shipping anyway so am happy to cover that cost. I'd ask you to pay for an AusPost satchel if that's cool ($5.30).

rds suggested that folks might be interested in buying these power supplies. I've already got 2 coming from Network Brokers in Sydney, so I guess that's another thread that won't involve me
smily_headphones1.gif

So far m0b1liz3, rds^H^H^H and rjad seem to be in. Please confirm that. If anyone else wants to jump in, now's the time.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarpy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far m0b1liz3, rds^H^H^H and rjad seem to be in. Please confirm that. If anyone else wants to jump in, now's the time.

I'm still keen Jarpy.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #7 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey there, could you put me down for 2 sets please.
Anyone want to organise group buy for other parts?

Well, I still need valves, so maybe if I order I should get extra--I'm not in a great hurry though. But I'll post before ordering.

Jun 30, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #9 of 130
I'd be interested in building one of these. Maybe two depending on total parts costs.

Also looking to go in on a group buy on the valves, PS, etc.

Please keep me in the loop for each of these group buys, thanks.

Hey jarpy, you coming to the Melbourne meet?

Jun 30, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #11 of 130
Cool, I'll take two jarpy - thanks. I notice that the stripboard is the most expensive component, yet it's the most dispensable!

Is anyone else arranging a group buy of the valve/sockets/power supply?

See you at the meet. I doubt I'll have mine built by then.

Jun 30, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #12 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone else arranging a group buy of the valve/sockets/power supply?

I thought I had a suitable powersupply but it turns out I don't, so I still need all the valve/sockets and power supply. I'm happy to set up group valve+sockets group buy, but I'm not sure what the best option for the power supply is. I've seen the cisco power supplies on ebay in Australia but they aren't particularly cheap-Cisco-CP-PWR-CUBE
I think we should be able to do better.

Jun 30, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #14 of 130
Righto.

Order is away. I'll post the exact cost (after currency conversion) when it appears on my credit statement, and PM account details to you each.

Again, sorry I didn't organise this for the valves and power-supplies too. Hopefully someone can take the baton on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back