1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Aurgasm Recipies

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by kertong, Oct 9, 2008.
  1. kertong
    In klamP's thread (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/i-t...ection-334977/), he had a song recommendation. I got the album, gave it a listen, and really enjoyed the tip (thanks, klamP!).

So, I wanted to see if it'd be fun to start a thread where everyone contributes one favorite song and setup.

I'll start..

Pink Floyd's "The Great Gig in the Sky", flac -> firestone audio fubar ii usb dac -> musical fidelity x-can v3 -> akg k702

I can leave this on repeat and last the entire workday. So good!

Any other recipes would be much appreciated, if at least, only for the song [​IMG]

2. PhoxHound
    Frederic Chopin - Raindrop (Op.28 No.15 Prelude in D-flat Major, performed by Stanislav Bunin)
    MP3 --> Creative Zen V Plus --> Klipsch Custom 1

My favorite song (that's right, it's classical and not techno) through some truly excellent classical IEMs. Sonic perfection.

3. jellojoe Contributor
    EBTG's Another Bridge -> Oberon CD player -> DV 332 -> AKG K501

4. REB
    at work: Tord Gustavsen Trio's Song Of Yearning -> Philips CD604 -> Little Dot I+ -> AKG K501 with K601 pads

at home: Radiohead's Karma Police -> lossless via coax -> J-River media centre player -> Zero DAC -> Graham Slee Solo -> Beyerdynamic DT990 (1980's, 600 Ohm)

5. paaj
    Dire Straits - Telegraph Road (and Private Investigations) -> ALAC -> Apogee Duet -> GS Solo -> HD650

but eehm, isn't this more about the music? this song already gave me the 'eargasms' 14 years ago on my small sony mini-tower...

oh... and try the Pulse/Delicate Sound of Thunder versions of Comfortably Numb (or almost any song on there for that matter...)