Aurgasm Recipies
Oct 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kertong

Head-Fier
In klamP's thread (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/i-t...ection-334977/), he had a song recommendation. I got the album, gave it a listen, and really enjoyed the tip (thanks, klamP!).

So, I wanted to see if it'd be fun to start a thread where everyone contributes one favorite song and setup.

I'll start..

Pink Floyd's "The Great Gig in the Sky", flac -> firestone audio fubar ii usb dac -> musical fidelity x-can v3 -> akg k702

I can leave this on repeat and last the entire workday. So good!

Any other recipes would be much appreciated, if at least, only for the song
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Frederic Chopin - Raindrop (Op.28 No.15 Prelude in D-flat Major, performed by Stanislav Bunin)
MP3 --> Creative Zen V Plus --> Klipsch Custom 1

My favorite song (that's right, it's classical and not techno) through some truly excellent classical IEMs. Sonic perfection.

Oct 10, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #4 of 5
at work: Tord Gustavsen Trio's Song Of Yearning -> Philips CD604 -> Little Dot I+ -> AKG K501 with K601 pads

at home: Radiohead's Karma Police -> lossless via coax -> J-River media centre player -> Zero DAC -> Graham Slee Solo -> Beyerdynamic DT990 (1980's, 600 Ohm)

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 5
Dire Straits - Telegraph Road (and Private Investigations) -> ALAC -> Apogee Duet -> GS Solo -> HD650

but eehm, isn't this more about the music? this song already gave me the 'eargasms' 14 years ago on my small sony mini-tower...

oh... and try the Pulse/Delicate Sound of Thunder versions of Comfortably Numb (or almost any song on there for that matter...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back