AURALiC Vega
Nov 7, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #106 of 118
Prof. Atomic Bob,

darn good explanation!

I think that you are, the only one out there ( so-far ), daring to understand DACs and explain their logical ownership results. This required considerable time and money on your part.  

Perhaps you are able to grasp the concepts of perfection, accuracy, civilian need of lovely musical presentations, prices and availability in addition to all the other specifics related to this digital experience.  This is "Digital Calculus" explained by an Industry insider not involved in selling to our hobby group, a god send!

We should've had this explanation from the Designers. 

Nice work,  I'll nominate you for my 2015 Audio Industry Award for useful understandings!

Tony in Michigan

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #107 of 118
Prof. Atomic Bob,

darn good explanation!

I think that you are, the only one out there ( so-far ), daring to understand DACs and explain their logical ownership results. This required considerable time and money on your part.  

Perhaps you are able to grasp the concepts of perfection, accuracy, civilian need of lovely musical presentations, prices and availability in addition to all the other specifics related to this digital experience.  This is "Digital Calculus" explained by an Industry insider not involved in selling to our hobby group, a god send!

Nice work,  I'll nominate you for my 2015 Audio Industry Award for useful understandings!

Tony in Michigan

Totally agree, I appreciate his response so much. We tend to get so consumed with having the best equipment for reproduction and sometimes fail to see that it sometimes takes away from the enjoyment of the music!

This reminds me of something I read about the rise of solid states and how on paper they were so much better than tubes, however to the ears they were fatiguing.

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #108 of 118
  Prof. Atomic Bob,

darn good explanation!

Tony in Michigan

Totally agree, I appreciate his response so much. We tend to get so consumed with having the best equipment for reproduction and sometimes fail to see that it sometimes takes away from the enjoyment of the music!

This reminds me of something I read about the rise of solid states and how on paper they were so much better than tubes, however to the ears they were fatiguing.

Thanks  @tonykaz and @P4UL

Listening fatigue is a big factor for me with DACs, amps and headphones. I spend many hours 6 days a week using these systems for both work and recreation. Why I have settled in on a few of each that work for my purposes with the least amount of listening fatigue. Also have been working to find the least costly system that approaches the extreme high end for performance, as a possible reference system accessible to many and still justifiable for those that would embark on the more expensive components as a basis for comparison.

See this post / thread for an example:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/781268/the-diyrs-cookbook/30#post_12032482

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #110 of 118
A new Vega owner. Now it's time to play.
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #111 of 118
I'm just using Coax and Optical inputs.

If the Vega is powered down and you are starting fresh. Does anyone know how long it takes before you can activate the clock to exact on these inputs?

I can't leave my Vega in standby with the clock still locked. I have to power it down completely as the Auralic light stays on.
My gear is in a home theater and all gear has no lights. So while watching a film the room is 100% dark.
So I have to power down.

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #112 of 118
I just discovered a nice little feature. I was using the coax input from the CD player to audition some CDs to determine if they are worthy of being ripped to the music server. When I finished I hit play on the music server, and selected AES on the DAC. The DAC detected there was a signal present on that input, so it automatically muted the volume, and then ramped it up to its previous setting for that input. That was nice since it prevents those awkward moments where the stereo goes from zero volume to ear shattering volumes when changing inputs.

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #115 of 118
Anyone else getting the issue of the balance being badly off sometimes? Which is fixed by restating my computer?

Also there's no option for 32 bit (using USB)? (not that there is any point to it)

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #116 of 118
Well, I had a problem with my Vega. The coax digital input stopped working no longer realized it was getting a signal. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from. They verified it was having the issue and sent it back the Auralic. Good news less than 3 weeks later I was given a new Vega. The best part my dealer took care of the shipping so it did not cost me anything. Just back in time for the holidays!!

Take 5 Audio
Www.take5audio.com
Ralph Cortigiano

105 Whitney Ave
New Haven, CT 06510, USA

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #117 of 118
After 3 years I still really enjoy this DAC.  I've found Filter 3 with the Exact clock is by far my favorite setup.  It tames the Sabre zing in Filter 4.  

Running on a Liquid Glass with 12SN7GT it sounds super spacious, with much smoother mids than #4. 

I'm just using Coax and Optical inputs.

If the Vega is powered down and you are starting fresh. Does anyone know how long it takes before you can activate the clock to exact on these inputs?

I can't leave my Vega in standby with the clock still locked. I have to power it down completely as the Auralic light stays on.
My gear is in a home theater and all gear has no lights. So while watching a film the room is 100% dark.
So I have to power down.

I believe it's 1 hour.

Can't you just put a bar of electrical tape over the logo...  
tongue_smile.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back