Auralic Taurus MK2, Sennheiser HDVA600 or Burson Conductor?
Jul 25, 2014 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blackmesashadow

New Head-Fier
I'm starting a new thread for this because it's a very specific question. I'm looking for a amp for my Sennheiser HD800's and i narrowed it down to the following amps: Auralic Taurus mk2, Sennheiser HDVA600 and Burson Conductor. Any info how these amps perform with the Sennheiser HD800äswolude be helpfull. I don't want any tips on getting tubeamps i made up my mind i'm going solid state and the only amps i'm interested in are those mentioned in the beginning of this post, since there are stores  in Sweden selling them so i can actually hear them before i buy.

It would also be interresting to know how these amp perform with the Beyerdynamic T1's since i own them aswell.

Best Regards Emanuel

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 4
Sounds like you're at a point where the only person likely to be helpful in making a decision is you. As you've mentioned, these amps are all available in stores local to you, so take your gear along and go listen to them! Why would you want to have anyone else telling you what to buy?!

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply! I'm going to Stockholm in a couple of weeks to hear the amps(atleast The Taurus and HDVA600). It's gonna be really awesome. I'm just running the HD800's with my Beyerdynamic A1 amp right now that amp is pretty good for my beyerdynamic t1's but i suspect the HD800's will open up more with a different amp. Hoping for a deeper soundstage. I just love to gather alot of information about my gear before i buy something. So any experiences people have with the amps i'm interrested in i'd love to hear it.

May 21, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the reply! I'm going to Stockholm in a couple of weeks to hear the amps(atleast The Taurus and HDVA600). It's gonna be really awesome. I'm just running the HD800's with my Beyerdynamic A1 amp right now that amp is pretty good for my beyerdynamic t1's but i suspect the HD800's will open up more with a different amp. Hoping for a deeper soundstage. I just love to gather alot of information about my gear before i buy something. So any experiences people have with the amps i'm interrested in i'd love to hear it. Auralic Taurus is sensational with my HD800 sdr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back