Auralic Altair SSD upgrade
Nov 30, 2016 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Arekusei

New Head-Fier
Good afternoon!

I have recently bought Auralic Altair and I have been enjoying it immensely (I already have Aries Mini and Altair is kinda like that, but on steroids SQ wise).

However, I decided to upgrade with an SSD (I bought a version without any internal storage) and since there is no official dealer in my country, I did it myself - bought a Samsung 850 EVO ssd, opened up the Altair (there is nothing complex about the process) and connected the ssd with the sata/power cable that comes with the Altair.

However, now I am having a problem with actually activating the drive - with Aries Mini there was a relevant option in Settings in Lightning DS, but I can't find it for Altair.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Best regards,
Alexey 

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 4
OK, looks like I am the only one here who uses Auralic products. Nice being a special little snowflake=)

But, let's be serious - I have found a way to initialize the SSD in Altair:

1) First, install the SSD - there is nothing difficult about it, just open up the Altair, install your SSD (no need to initialize it previously in your computer) using the SATA+power cable that comes with Altair.

2) Initialize your Altair - when asked, choose to set up the Lightning Server, then choose internal storage, then pick "Initialize Storage".

3) Wait for about 15 minutes and voila! Now you have Altair with internal storage of your choice!

Hope my experience will be useful.

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Hello,

Just receive my Altair too 
wink.gif

How was the SATA/power cable delivered ? Inside the Altair box or with the power cord and so ?
I ask this because with mine, I don't get any SATA/power cable ... but I don't have opened the Altair box to check if SATA/power cable is already installed.

Thanks for the help 
beerchug.gif

Apr 23, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #4 of 4
  OK, looks like I am the only one here who uses Auralic products. Nice being a special little snowflake=)

But, let's be serious - I have found a way to initialize the SSD in Altair:

1) First, install the SSD - there is nothing difficult about it, just open up the Altair, install your SSD (no need to initialize it previously in your computer) using the SATA+power cable that comes with Altair.

2) Initialize your Altair - when asked, choose to set up the Lightning Server, then choose internal storage, then pick "Initialize Storage".

3) Wait for about 15 minutes and voila! Now you have Altair with internal storage of your choice!

Hope my experience will be useful.

Does it only accept 2.5" drives or the bigger 3.5" harddrives as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back