Aune X1S DAC/ AMP
Oct 26, 2015 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

insomnyteq

Head-Fier
So im new to this hobby but like most of us im dropping $$$ like this cures cancer. I started out with a Modi/ Magni combo and a set of HD650s...i tend to get bored quick so i came up with a reason to get rid of my Schitt, and have been listening to my new acquired EL-8s from my laptops Soundblster source. and TBH it seemed ok to me. Then i got into wanting the highest RES stuff so i searched for a 32 bit DAC i could afford ($100 seemed like a lot to me) I settled on this Aune X1S as it seemed to hit all of my wants , not that i needed any  of it. 

Ive been super impressed with it, now, ive had it for about 12 days at first i kept going back to my headphone jack on my laptop to compare, thinking that i was just placebo'd...but can say, i use my headphones about 15 hrs a day, {I work a lot from home so i can get away with it} that its was worth the $275 i paid for it. ... the Difference between my laptop audio and the modi was enough to tell, but the difference between the Aune and my laptop is a like a world of Musical clarity ive never heard. Granted my EL-8s don't need the extra boost but i feel like they sound better as you push them harder, so the AMP side is a nice bonus as well. 

Hoping some others on here have gotten this DAC so we can compare  Different head phones with it and see whats works and what doesn't work well. I have a pair of Massdrop 7xx coming at some point so ill post the difference to my ears then.

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 11
Do you get a 'pop' sound when ever you turn the Aune X1s on\off?

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 11
I just got the X1s. It sounds way better than the Audioengine D1 that I returned, unsurprisingly given the cost and specs. The only thing that's kind of annoying is I have to manually turn my desktop speakers off every time I want to use the headphones. It doesn't switch automatically, like the D1 did. Is that right or am I doing it wrong?

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 11
i just got this from massdrop. plugged it in to my windows 10 pc. it recognizes the device but it doesn't show up in my playback devices. what do i do? please help. it's just a brick right now.

Feb 13, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 11
You need to install the driver from the USB stick supplied with the unit.

Mar 2, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #8 of 11
  Edit: never mind, already fixed it :)

Can anyone please help me configure my Foobar2000 to work with my new Aune X1S?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzF7o8Ia4DVlb01YZTVvZmdSSkU/view?usp=sharing

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 11
Just wanted to let you know that if you purchase Aune Products from mass drop, Consider it out of warranty. One of the Reps from Aune got onto mass drop and happily let everyone know. They sounded like a 3 year old being selfish with their toys.

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 11
Just wanted to let you know that if you purchase Aune Products from mass drop, Consider it out of warranty. One of the Reps from Aune got onto mass drop and happily let everyone know. They sounded like a 3 year old being selfish with their toys.

Saw that, Grant Fidelity will pricematch Massdrop...so you can get your warranty and at the same price.

Mar 10, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #11 of 11
Saw that, Grant Fidelity will pricematch Massdrop...so you can get your warranty and at the same price.

I appreciate it, I don't know if I want to purchase any Aune products. I am a firm believer in customer service and not communism service. I am not going to be jerked around by someone that, They can go love them selves lol (TBS censorship*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back