New Head-Fier
I'm a newbie and i can't decide which one to buy

1.  Aune X1 DAC
2.  Audiotrak DR.DAC2 DX
3.  Yulong U100
4.  Audinst HUD-MX1
5.  Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 DAC
6.  Fiio E17

I'd like to use it as my PC DAC and amp for  Sennheiser HD 598 ( i won't use speaker on my PC anymore ) . I know some might be a bit more expensive than other but if i could get only one of the list above which will be the best choice ? .. Thank you so much for your help .

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:

1.  Aune X1 DAC
2.  Audiotrak DR.DAC2 DX
3.  Yulong U100
4.  Audinst HUD-MX1
6.  Fiio E17

I'd like to use it as my PC DAC and amp for  Sennheiser HD 598 ( i won't use speaker on my PC anymore ) . I know some might be a bit more expensive than other but if i could get only one of the list above which will be the best choice ? .. Thank you so much for your help .

I'm also interested in these although this is the wrong part of the forum (these are all DACs and not full sized amps), if anyone can could they also through in the D7 if you've heard it?

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #4 of 5
I recently purchased the Audinst and haven't regretted it for a second.

Pair quite nicely with my Shure 940s and DT880 250 ohm cans.

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:

1.  Aune X1 DAC - Recommended
3.  Yulong U100
4.  Audinst HUD-MX1

I have a Aune X1 DAC, and I can assure you that it sounds very very good for its money. The E17 and Audiotrak are not contenders in the list and so therefore I have taken them out. I just pulled the trigger on some Ross Martin DAC's and supposedly uses chips found in high end DAC's such as Mytek and Benchmark and sounds almost on par with the high end brands, but you have to configure the base unit to however you want which adds $ to the final cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back