Aune T1 died, looking for a replacement DAC\Amp combo. Any recommendations?
Nov 11, 2020 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

exSpire

Head-Fier
I've been looking around and was thinking about getting the Schiit Hel, which is a DAC\Amp combo (SSD).
There's also the Schiit Magni+Modi combo is 40$ extra (including shipping, I guess because of package weight\dimensions), and uses a shipping carrier that might be costly upon arrival to my country. So I'm hesitant to go that route..

I have only experienced the Aune T1, so I don't know what I'll prefer in terms of Tubes or SSDs, but I definitely enjoyed the T1 and would have continued to do so if it didn't die on me. (Couldn't find anywhere to send it for repairs)

So I guess I'm looking for either SSD or Tube, and either combo or a 'stack'. If it is a tube system, i'd like it to work with the Aune T1s' tube.

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 6
To provide a better answer you should included:

Budget
Headphones
Source

Edit: The schiit stack would be a good option, hard not to recommend.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 6
Source is my PC. Lots of FLAC with Foobar, but sometimes worse quality if I'm lazy, like Youtube.
Budget is around 200 USD.
Headphones are Sony MA900 and Audio Technica AD700. Although the plastics on the MA900 started to creek way too much recently so I'll be looking for an upgrade. Maybe Sennheiser 6XX or AKG 7XX or whatever. Oh and also some IEMs.

Thank you for helping.

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 6
So for widely available budget options you have

ifi nano black label
Audio engine D1
Audioquest dragonfly red
Topping A30 \ D30
Schiit stack

I have used the schiit magni with my K7XX (or was it my Q701?) and I’d recommend something a little warmer. I didn’t like the synergy with that amp, especially when listening to lower res music.

If you can stretch your budget I really enjoyed pairing my AKG’s with a Matrix Audio M-Stage. I also believe something a audio GD r2r 11 would be a significant upgrade and all you would need for a very long time.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 6
I know this thread is old, but I recently upgraded to the new T1s (4th gen), which sounds fabulous, even with the stock tube. A worthy upgrade from the older Aune T1 models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back