Aune S6Pro
Apr 14, 2019 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nghenhac

New Head-Fier
20190413_202201.jpg

Hello Friends, I just bought this newest version Amp/DAC from Aune and I would like to share my thought on this.
Note to the readers, sound signature can be subjective, it could be good to you but not good to others.

INTRODUCTION:
Gear: Aune S6Pro, LCD2, DAC D10, Cayin IHA-6
I will compare and mix-match Aune S6Pro with Topping DAC D10, and headphone amplifier Cayin IHA-6. The
test will include a few in-ear monitors, but the LCD-2 will be my main headphone that I connect to the system.
Features:
Input port: USB/COAX/OPT/AES
Output port: XLR/RCA Headphone output port: 6.5mm headphone amplifier port , four-core balanced headphone amplifier port
Headphone amplifier matched impedance: 32-600Ω Headphone output power:
Balanced port: 405mW@300Ω Unbalanced port : 120mW@300Ω Input sampling parameters:
USB:32bit/768k DSD512
AES :24bit/384k DSD128  
COX:24bit/384k DSD128
OPT:24bit/192k DSD64
Line out typical value:XLR/RCA:
Frequency response: ±0.2dB(20 Hz to 20 kHz)
Dynamic range: 119dB SNR: 118dB THD+N: 0.0005%@1KHz Stereo crosstalk: -132dB Output amplitude RCA: 2Vrms XLR:4Vrms

WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A HEADPHONE AMP? The answer can be depend on what your needs. But obviously, most of us are looking for features and sound signature that fit our ear ans taste, the the build quality and design are worth considering.

BUILD: It is a solid piece of metal; strong and sturdy. You can possibly put a heavy object on it without a problem. I am not sure about the stacking other unit on top because the top is slightly curved.

SOUND: In my opinion it has a V-shape sound for both internal DAC and Amp.
-High Frequency: It doesn't goes to high, but it dean't mean it is less resolution. You can surely hear subtle details as you expect for in AKM Chip - velvet.
-Mid Frequency: It has a little bit recess in vocal. In some song, vocal can be heard in the back, rather than forward.
-Low Frequency: It doesn't overwhelm to other frequencies. There is low thumping of deep low frequency when the drum is kicked on. I would say the bass has slow roll off filter, which make you feel relax and can feel like a tube amp.

CONCLUSION: Who is this for? There is different kind of music listeners. each of them have different style of how they want their gears to convey the music. If you are looking for a gear that portray a relaxing feel when you are listening to music, this amp/DAC combo can give you that feeling.

CONS: Could be troublesome to some people!
-No Gain switch
-No digital filters.
-DSD files can sound tiny low volume, I have to set the volume nob at 2pm to have a decent volume for LCD-2.

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 5
That’s cool, I’m considering using this to drive my HD650.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #4 of 5
Maybe this combo will give you solid bass.
Well, I made some search about aune, and I did not find where to buy it. Does it have an authorized dealer in the U.S?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back